TravelTalkOnline

Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants

Posted By: KitKat

Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants - 02/22/2022 12:49 AM

We are currently in SXM with adult family and looking for restaurants currently open on the water. Our old favorites are gone after Irma.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants - 02/22/2022 12:53 AM

I like Lolo,'s. It is on the water.
They have open barbecue and do ribs chicken and Seafood.

Smells are wonderful coming off the bbq.

DrPhil SXM
Posted By: erb923

Re: Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants - 02/22/2022 12:59 AM

Ocean 82 is nice, overlooking the water and a nice atmosphere.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants - 02/22/2022 12:59 AM

Ocean 82!
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants - 02/22/2022 12:11 PM

There are several choices on the water. Starting from the top, Oceans82 - and if you go, try the lemon dessert ( it looks like a lemon ) and he also makes a chocolate dessert that looks like an apple ) Make reservations, and ask for a table near the water - if they don't have that ask for a table on the porch - which will at least give you a view of the water. At the other end of Grand Case, LTC Les Tempes de Cerise is very small, but also has a restaurant on the water with water views similar to Ocean82, though I have never eaten their, and their menu looks much smaller. Depending on the night, there may be live music, which could be a plus or a minus. A few doors down is Capt Frenchy's. If you want to sit " indoors" at a table, you will be just off the beach, but only a few feet above the beach, so not much of a view of the ocean. They also have seating on the beach. The food is very good, but the setting is much lees fromal than Oceans82. The attached is from Ocean82, I will see if I can find a photo of Capt Frenchys tonite.

Description: Oceans82
Attached picture Oceans82.jpg
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants - 02/23/2022 12:30 AM

This Capt Frenchy's seating on the beach, they also have tables and chairs on a wood deck with a covering, but no windows, so it is open air seating. While the picnic tables look pretty casual, the food is a bit more upscale than the tables would suggest. The second photo is the salmon dish my wife had. If you want to eat early, say 6 or so, you may be okay just walking up and down the street and picking a restaurant you want. By 7 pm, most of the restaurants in Grand Case were turning away people without reservations when we were there last week. We like La Villa, which is not on the ocean, but across the street, but used their facebook page and facebook messanger to make reservations when we were here in the states . I would think the same would work for other restaurants there.

Description: Capt Frenchy's
Attached picture frenchys.jpg
Attached picture salmon at frenchy's.jpg
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Recommendations for Grand Case Restaurants - 02/23/2022 02:08 PM

To us ALL Grand Case restaurants are good to great. Fancy to casual on the beach. Alas some greats have left but LaVilla is still there, Spiga for Italian Ocean 82 (one of our favorites) LaBerge Grmand is very romantic, Another favorite of ours is Le Cottage---not on the water but food to die for.

Upon arrival walk around to stretch your legs after the flight and look at menus posted outside. We usually make one reservation or stop where they say they have a table then after viewing the rest make ur reservations. Too many restaurants not enough nights to eat out! Some are open for lunch.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline