TravelTalkOnline

Fave local beer/spirit?

Posted By: the captain

Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/24/2022 12:56 AM

When in Rome 😅 or SXM , we do guavaberry all the time.

What are FAVE your local spirits or beers? (As an ipa guy, I can’t get into the brews here. )

tried Ma Dou Dou today, not bad’
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/24/2022 01:07 AM

My go to beer is Carib or Presidente. In that order.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/24/2022 01:08 AM

They now have a few good IPA's at the Carrefour supermarket. Your welcome. I tend to drink rum when I am in the Carribean. And lots of French wine.
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/24/2022 06:46 PM

I'm an IPA gal myself, especially living on LI with so many awesome breweries, but I drank Carib or Presidente when I wasn't drinking Painkillers or Rum Punch!
Posted By: CYOWDave

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/24/2022 07:11 PM

Pelikaan is an on island craft brewer, Blue Martini in GC served their Irma IPA (American IPA style) when we were there in November. Super U in GC seems to have a small selection of imported bottled beer, had a nice one from Corsica made with chestnuts (Biera Corsa Pietra) and they had a few Belgians as well.
Cheers,
Dave.
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/25/2022 01:07 PM

Personally I look forward to 'ti punches and amstel brights.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 08:20 AM

LaGoonies has a nice selection of IPA's and Beers manufactured on the island!!! Names I'm not good with, beer isn't my thing. But I went there with a friend who is a beer connoisseur ! Also "DD" on Airport road has a big selection too!! We went pub hopping for beer's on the Dutch side. I was the driver. Keeping it safe!!

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by CaribLee
They now have a few good IPA's at the Carrefour supermarket. Your welcome. I tend to drink rum when I am in the Carribean. And lots of French wine.

Same here, I’m all about the Rum punches here, had a pair at Driftwood before heading to the airport. Then the plane delay led to another in the airport.

Originally Posted by RM5 LI
I'm an IPA gal myself, especially living on LI with so many awesome breweries, but I drank Carib or Presidente when I wasn't drinking Painkillers or Rum Punch!

Fellow LIer here, Sand City is my fave here. Yours?
I had 2 cases of IPAs that I picked up from Treehouse up in MA during MLKweekend. Promised myself only one case before SXM, then held onto the other for when I get back. But when in SXM, it was rum punch all week long and champagne.
Oh and I did have some Heineken and Carib on the boat. I’ll get to a trip report soon!

Got back last night and I’m back to IPAs🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 02:43 PM

Big fans of Treehouse in this Long Island household too! But when on Island, it's rum punches, mojitos and G & T's! Glad you enjoyed your trip--looking forward to the trip report.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 04:02 PM

Don't dismiss a nice chilled Rose on a hot day.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 05:00 PM

Absolutely. A very cold Cote de Provence is the perfect complement to a lovely French lunch on the beach!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 05:15 PM

The beer made on island is not very good in my not so humble opinion. Dingy Dock at times has had a beer on tap that was made in Miami that was decent and you might find a craft beer at a store that is ok but I can only drink so much "island beer" so I just switch to vodka club or other cocktails for the most part.

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by crsxm
Big fans of Treehouse in this Long Island household too! But when on Island, it's rum punches, mojitos and G & T's! Glad you enjoyed your trip--looking forward to the trip report.

Yeah baby! Im a "WHEN IN ROME" drinker...so rum in the islands, IPAs fall and spring,& Gin and tonics are my summer Long Island Goto. I can't have less than 3 bottles of different gins and limes on hand along with Fever tree tonic.

Originally Posted by Todd
The beer made on island is not very good in my not so humble opinion. Dingy Dock at times has had a beer on tap that was made in Miami that was decent and you might find a craft beer at a store that is ok but I can only drink so much "island beer" so I just switch to vodka club or other cocktails for the most part.

Agreed. Islands are for lagers, so Heineken and Carib. wink
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 02/27/2022 08:20 PM

Treehouse all day long when available!! As a New Englander the IPA's are everywhere. Modestman brewing outta Keene,NH is my new favorite. But honestly sign me up for lagers. And when in SXM give me crushable beers or a blended scotch w/ soda water.
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: Fave local beer/spirit? - 03/04/2022 01:27 PM

Fellow LIer here, Sand City is my fave here. Yours?

Sand City is awesome! My favs right now are Peconic County Brewing Co., Jamesport Farm Brewery and of course, Blue Point Brewery.
Nov/Dec 2020 we were in MA and enjoyed a few breweries as well.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline