TravelTalkOnline

Rainbow cafe beach restaurant

Posted By: KGB

Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/03/2022 03:18 AM

We spent the day in Grand Case today, on the beach at the Rainbow. We did the same two years ago before Covid hit. What a difference! We remember amazing meals and great service. Different store this time around… First, they charged us 10 euros for each chair(6 in our group) even thou we had lots of drinks there, lunch and more drinks after. Second, the food was not near the quality like it was in 2020. The portions were also smaller. I have photos of the same meal -9 sushi pieces and only 6 today… We split the meal two years ago and this year it was barely enough for 1 person.
The service at the beach was pretty good, the service upstairs was not nearly as good as it was before.
Our general observation this year about the service and professionalism of the wait staff is that pretty much most places have degraded substantially. Even the all time faves like Tropicana and Moulin Fou…
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/03/2022 05:05 AM

We tried Rainbow twice in the past and was not impressed either time.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/03/2022 12:25 PM

If you want excellent food, service, and comfortable lounges, on Grand Case Beach, LTC, Captain Frenchy, and Grand Case Beach Club, are all good options.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/03/2022 04:39 PM

I agree, we had excellent food and service at LTC in November!!
Posted By: Billtjw

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 01:27 AM

Was at LTC today for lunch , first class food and service I would highly recommend it.
Posted By: KGB

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 03:30 AM

Thanks guys, will give it a try!
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 11:59 AM

Third the suggestion of Capt Frenchy's, food is great. Haven't tried the food at LTC, but their loungers, and the ones at Capt Frenchy's look more comfortable than Rainbow.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 04:01 PM

Yes. The loungers at Rainbow, though they look nice, are very uncomfortable.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 09:41 PM

I guess I am out of touch, but could someone identify what LTC stands for?
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 10:54 PM

Always had great food and service at Rainbow.
Not sure if beach service has changed since Jean is now on Orient.

Anyone know the price of the 4 pound burger with foie gras and truffles with two different kinds of frys.
We have had their 2 foot cocktails and since we are going with another foodie couple this year, would like to try the burger.
YOLO!!
Posted By: Liliana

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 11:21 PM

Following this discussion for our upcoming trip.
Liliana

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/04/2022 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by RickandJulie
I guess I am out of touch, but could someone identify what LTC stands for?

Le Temp des Ceries

Excellent

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/05/2022 12:38 PM

For clarification, where Grand Case Boulevard ( the one way street ) intersects with the main road is Capt Frenchy's. Rainbow is two buildings further up the street - heading towards the lolos, and LTC Se Temp des Ceries, is a few doors further up. This photo is a few years old, but shows the layout google aerial of grand case

I heard that the empty lot next to Frenchys was sold, and the owner plans to build a restaurant there .

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/05/2022 01:04 PM

Thanks!! Excellent map information!
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/05/2022 01:20 PM

This map/drawing is a little older but gives a general overview.

Description: Grand Case - map
Attached picture Grand Case - map.jpg

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/05/2022 02:02 PM

Also meant to add that I know that TLC has valet parking, I assume that Capt Frenchy's does as well, but there is also a small unpaved lot on the opposite side of the street just up from LTC, there is a sign saying 5 Euro, and it is where the label La Petit Table is on the google aerial map - you can barely make out the cars parked there in that photo. You can enter and exit onto Grand Case Blvd, the other option, and that area of the lot is pretty steep, lets you exit out the back right onto the main road.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/05/2022 07:26 PM

le Temps des Ceres is owned by the same restaurant group as Sol e Luna
Posted By: AUCspouse

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/05/2022 08:36 PM

If anyone cares about spelling, here is the real name of the restaurant: Le Temps Des Cerises. It means "Cherry Season."
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/05/2022 09:49 PM

laugh I guess that's the reason most people here called it LTC!! smile
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/06/2022 12:04 PM

We try to go the Rainbow every year as we have always found their food and service top notch. I cannot speak to the service on the beach as I have never tried it. Two years ago we decided to go the Captain Frenchy’s. Walked in and stood waiting to be seated while the workers were just standing around by the bar chatting. Decided to just take our own table and sat down. After waiting for menus for approximately 10 minutes we got up and left. They were fairly empty and the servers had to see us just sitting there waiting. Walked over to Rainbow and had another great meal. Never went back to Frenchy’s.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/08/2022 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by AUCspouse
If anyone cares about spelling, here is the real name of the restaurant: Le Temps Des Cerises. It means "Cherry Season."

And it's Captain Frenchy, no apostrophe s.

Re: Rainbow cafe beach restaurant - 03/08/2022 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
laugh I guess that's the reason most people here called it LTC!! smile

Exactly!

I'm happy I came as close as I did.... rofl
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline