TravelTalkOnline

Sunday Grocery Run

Posted By: VegasCanadian

Sunday Grocery Run - 03/09/2022 09:14 PM

So I am arriving in SXM on Sunday (staying in Pelican Key) and will need to do a grocery run. The Carrefour on Bush Road and in Cole Bay both close at 2pm which will be pretty tight with our flight. What other decent options do I have on a Sunday afternoon? I may wait until Monday morning to get most things at Carrefour but if I need a few essentials what is the best choice? Thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/09/2022 09:20 PM

I would never buy much there, because their prices are out of sight, but Market Garden is on the corner of Billy Folly Road and they are open until I think 9 PM every day. They have ample supplies for a first day, until you can get to Carrefour. The other option in Simpson Bay area is the Maho Market, in, wait for it--Maho. grin Not a store that has a big selection, and prices are relatively high, but good enough for first day supplies.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/09/2022 09:46 PM

As Carol mentioned Market Garden will be open. Some items are more expensive then Carrefour but others are either the same and sometimes lower. Just depends on what you're looking for.
Posted By: mgh

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/09/2022 10:23 PM

Try the Peli Deli (a few doors down from the Red Piano). We've bought a lot of things there to tide us over. Not sure how late they're open on Sunday but I would for sure check anyway.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/09/2022 10:37 PM

For a few essentials any of the above mentioned places will work and just do a normal run on Monday. We arrive every year on a Sunday
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/09/2022 11:37 PM

Is the Sunday you arrive a special Sunday? Carrefour is normally open until 6pm on Sundays. (at least last November)

Carrefour SXM website
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/10/2022 12:28 AM

When I left in February, the signs at each cash register in Carrefour stated new Sunday hours of 9-2, but their ad every day in the Daily Herald said Sunday opening hours of 9-6. Bottom line, I don't know which is correct.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/10/2022 11:34 AM

There's another alternative: Shop N Drop. https://www.shopndropgrocerysxm.com. Jeannie and her staff will shop for you and deliver everything to your place so it's all there and put away before you arrive. Wonderful service!
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/10/2022 11:44 AM

Hey VC, I contacted Carrefour directly and they responded that they have changed back "to our normal opening hours on Sundays which is from 9:00am till 2:00pm.".
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Sunday Grocery Run - 03/10/2022 01:08 PM

Also for info here super u closes at 12:45 Sundays.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline