TravelTalkOnline

We made it……..

Posted By: pat

We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 01:26 PM

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

We made it! All those weeks and months of planning and dreaming have finally reached fruition and we are here, happily ensconced oceanside at the beautiful Beachside Villas.
We flew JB out of Newark for the first time and while the ride was a little longer it was far more peaceful than the trip to JFK typically is. It really helped that our driver knew the roads well and avoided the GW and all the other potential traffic situations. Check-in at EWR for the JB flights was, IMHO, a three ring circus but we made it. Flights were without incident.
Lesley and Shirley Bruce (Kenny’s Car Rentals met us at the airport with our car. Leona and Kim - eat your hearts out - we have your shiny red #69 for the next two plus weeks.
Jeannie had already been at the Villa and stocked all her goodies for us, and yes, it’s not an inexpensive add-on to a trip but so worth paying for this service. And she is such a sweetheart.
Spent the next hour or so unpacking and organizing then headed to the Spaghetti House at Jordan Village for our first island dinner. DH had clams with arugula over pasta and I had the beef carpaccio - both were delish and the owner, Katerina (mebbe Katrina?) but was her ever warm and welcoming self.
Home to BSV where DH ultimately had his first dish of Aetna Rhum Raisin and then off to bed.
Slept like babies to the sounds of the waves and here we are.

Welcome to OUR island, Peeps. I hope you’re able to enjoy it through our eyes!
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 01:31 PM

Look forward to all the reports. Have fun!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 01:31 PM

Glad you made it relatively unscathed! Enjoy!!
Posted By: FatCat04

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 01:37 PM

Have a delightful time!! Glad it was a relatively easy travel day. Those are always a blessing. It all sounds heavenly as I sit under a gloomy sky with yet more rain in the forecast. Gonna need to stock up on gopher wood soon and start looking out for the animals.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 01:38 PM

Glad you made it. I was starting to get concerned and had just messaged kim. Looking forward to your updates. Enjoy!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 02:55 PM

Looks like your off to a great start.
Posted By: MamaB

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 04:10 PM

Sounds like a great beginning to your trip!! Enjoy!!
(Spag. House- Caterina Bonadio)
Posted By: fabila

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 04:18 PM

Have a blast. We too went to Spaghetti House our fist night. Looking forward to reading your reports
Posted By: RonDon

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 05:32 PM

Enjoy Pat. Do all the things I didn't get to do.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 05:42 PM

Pat, so happy you are there in your favorite place.

I have a question, since we both like Spaghetti House so much, do you eat pasta??
I remember the night when there wasn't any beef carpaccio . LOL I felt so bad when you tried the Burrata.

Enjoy!!!! smile
Posted By: Beansbbq

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 08:40 PM

Congrats on the safe arrival!!!! Have a blast!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: We made it…….. - 04/13/2022 09:31 PM

Welcome back Folks and do enjoy your relaxing vacation.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: We made it…….. - 04/14/2022 08:39 AM

Oh goodie, you made it! Looking forward to the daily reports!
Posted By: Wingman

Re: We made it…….. - 04/14/2022 10:08 AM

Glad you made it safely Pat. Enjoy your time in paradise.

Re: We made it…….. - 04/14/2022 01:05 PM

Thanks, Mike. Were you aware our favorite maid just had surgery and will be out for about a month?

Re: We made it…….. - 04/14/2022 04:53 PM

Pat--who's that--Smarthie?

Re: We made it…….. - 04/14/2022 05:01 PM

Yes. She’s out for about another 3 - 3.5 weeks. No details…..

Re: We made it…….. - 04/14/2022 05:50 PM

We're not going until June. If she's not back by then, the other gals will still take wonderful care of us, I'm sure. I hope she is ok.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: We made it…….. - 04/14/2022 11:35 PM

Enjoy your time on island, Pat and John.

I'm so looking forward to reading your posts!
Posted By: Wingman

Re: We made it…….. - 04/15/2022 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by pat
Thanks, Mike. Were you aware our favorite maid just had surgery and will be out for about a month?

Good morning Pat, thank you for letting me know. Terry had sent me a text yesterday telling me she saw your post. I've sent an email to Tracy asking about her but haven't heard from her yet. She took quite good care of us during our 2 week stay just a few short couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping she is recovering well.

Re: We made it…….. - 04/15/2022 11:13 AM

I did get to speak to her on the phone thanks to Emanuel. She sounds good and says she’s anxious to get back to work as she misses all of her ‘people!’… Her replacement is a pleasant young woman (who’s name sounds like Gilena but I have no clue how to spell it….) and of course, Beverly is doing double duty, too, but there’s just no one quite like Smarthie. is there?
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: We made it…….. - 04/15/2022 12:10 PM

Pat I sent you a private message.

Happy Easter!
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: We made it…….. - 04/24/2022 08:22 PM

Sounds like a great start to a relaxing and wonderful vacation. Looking forward to your lovely reports.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline