TravelTalkOnline

4/13/2022

Posted By: pat

4/13/2022 - 04/13/2022 11:22 PM

First full day on the island and we celebrated it by sleeping in and trying to catch up on the lost hours over the last few days.

Breakfast was our typical pastry and coffee on the lanai as we basked in the glory of the warm full sun and brilliant blue Caribbean skies. Could it get any better?!

We didn’t do much of anything - just potsed around until about noon when we headed to Mark’s for lunch and then Carrefour for the few things I forgot to preorder from Jeannie. We’d hoped to connect with a friend but that didn’t happen. Plenty of time ahead of us…….

Lunch was very good - DH had a yummy seafood salad and I had a grilled chicken burger served with fries and a plate salad and tamarind juices for both of us. Lunch with the tip we added on came to $40.00 and was very good. Mark’s does a very brisk trade all day long and today was no exception. According to Ricky they will be closed on Good Friday. He also told us their fresh mussels should come in on Saturday but suggested, given that it’s the Easter holiday, we should call and check on them. His mussels are sooooooooo good!!

Back to BSV to spend some afternoon time at the pool. We shared a couple of hours with one other couple from Canada and thoroughly enjoyed visiting with them. Back to our villa for piña colada time and then - the huge debate over dinner.

Thought about going out to eat but we were totally content to eat in and enjoy some of the goodies we purchased through Jeannie. And as we do so we’re engrossed in watching a bunch of beautifully lit cruise ships sail by. This place offers something for everyone. This morning it was cruiseships headiing into town and this afternoon we did some serious plane watching and now we’re back to ships again. And it never gets old…….

This is really tough stuff but somebody’s gotta do it, right? 😊😊
Posted By: mort

Re: 4/13/2022 - 04/13/2022 11:25 PM

Oh How I enjoy your wonderful relaxing reports. Those are the best of times.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: 4/13/2022 - 04/13/2022 11:26 PM

Thanks for the update. Mark's is an amazing place.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: 4/13/2022 - 04/14/2022 12:04 AM

Sounds like a lovely day. I wish I was there!! Enjoy!!
Posted By: crsxm

Re: 4/13/2022 - 04/14/2022 12:42 AM

I enjoy your writing style--always puts me right there with you--well almost with you! Enjoy your vacation and I look forward to tomorrow's recap!
Posted By: pat

Re: 4/13/2022 - 04/14/2022 01:10 PM

Thanks for the good thoughts and I almost forgot - yesterday, as we were heading out to do some errands, we had the brief but pleasant experience of meeting Mr. and Mrs. Whales Tail. We were driving our trusty Kenny’s rental car and they recognized the license plate number. The conversation was brief but hopefully, there will be another meet up before they head home.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: 4/13/2022 - 04/14/2022 01:22 PM

That would be nice. There are no cruise ships in for the rest of our stay which opens up Maho Beach for plane filming and our favourite walk along Simpson Bay Beach down to Karacters. Probably tomorrow.
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: 4/13/2022 - 04/24/2022 08:26 PM

A great first day! Mark’s is on my list for the next time we are in SXM.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline