TravelTalkOnline

Returning to SXM with questions

Posted By: CathyandDanny

Returning to SXM with questions - 05/13/2022 12:18 AM

We are excited to have our first trip back to SXM since before Irma on the calendar for August. I know so much has changed. Advice needed for extra nights in Simpson Bay area. Plus is Unity and Kenny's car rental still active?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Returning to SXM with questions - 05/13/2022 12:24 AM

Yes both are still there. Personally I use Hertz. Great service and newer cars.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Returning to SXM with questions - 05/13/2022 08:51 AM

Fortunately for you, a lot has been cleaned up !! We were there in 2018, I'm telling you boats and cars wrecked everywhere!! A very sad sight!!! A good percentage has been removed and the building/homes have been leveled. Most of our favorite restaurants returned and many new ones. Sadly "The summit hotel" was destroyed, BUT in it's place is this lovely lil village with shops and fun restaurants. The cruise ships are back, I recommend that you print out their schedule so that you don't get caught in their wake!! Orient beach and Dawn beach have been getting hit (hit and miss) with Sargassum (smelly seaweed) IMHO, mostly after a big overnight storm. Michael and Lesley still ticking! We've been back many times since Irma to our home away from home Beachside Villa's, as I say about that. You will want for nothing!! Have a great time!! (Photo: Pink Iguana)

Attached picture Pink Iguana 2018.jpg
Posted By: CathyandDanny

Re: Returning to SXM with questions - 05/16/2022 09:20 PM

Do you reserve through the Hertz website?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Returning to SXM with questions - 05/16/2022 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by CathyandDanny
Do you reserve through the Hertz website?

Not the USA site. Use this link.

Hertz SXM - LINK
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Returning to SXM with questions - 05/17/2022 01:29 AM

As Jazzgal said use the link she posted.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline