TravelTalkOnline

Trip canceled due to covid

Posted By: zoe

Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 04:07 PM

Needless to say… after waiting 3 years due to Covid to return to the island, our trip for two weeks starting this Tuesday had to be canceled… I have Covid and this sucks…. We are totally bummed… it was probably going to be our last trip and it’s our 50 anniversary year…in our heads we had loosely mapped out how the days would go and where we would dine… recounting favorite cuisine at each place… there were friends we will miss seeing and all of this is just so maddening…. All the hoops you have to go through now and the possibility of getting sick while there, not having your pcp or a med express…our ages also factor in… just make this adventure a challenge and stressful….would love to reschedule but honestly…do you put yourself in a bubble for two weeks before you leave? This could all happen again the way things are. Color us SAD….
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 04:37 PM

So sorry you had to cancel. I hope you recover quickly!

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 05:00 PM

Thank u!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 06:38 PM

So sorry to hear that. I hope that you are able to reschedule at some point.. So sad.
Posted By: PML

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 06:54 PM

We are in the same boat! We were supposed to leave Monday but the Mrs. came up positive Wednesday and is slowly feeling better, thanks to anti-viral medication. I'm just waiting for my results to turn positive (Maybe they won't ... knock on wood). So we cancelled air, hotel, car and airport parking (that was the hardest one to deal with. Go figure!). GCBC and Lesley were great. We're hoping to reschedule late June or early July. Real bummer though, after we both had Covid in January 2021, getting vaccinated and double boosted. But we'll be happy when we finally get there.

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 08:21 PM

Yikes… so sorry for you both… hopefully you’ll get back and this will be just a blip on the radar screen of life…

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 08:28 PM

PML--sorry to hear that too. Hope you are able to reschedule soon!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/14/2022 09:23 PM

Ouch. Hope you stay negative.

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/16/2022 09:09 PM

Good luck with your future plans…we’re a little gun shy after this about rescheduling….although we had insurance on the villa…we were staying in Baie d Orientale…and have verification from pcp re: positive Covid tests and symptom’s…( husband tested positive last nite). We don’t know if we’ll be getting monies back…it’ll be a real bummer if we don’t…. Stay well and I hope all works out for you….
Posted By: PML

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/16/2022 09:55 PM

We've rescheduled for mid June. Took a hit on airfare. It went up a fair (fare) amount and schedule changed a bit but such is life. Rebooked hotel - no penalty. Will rebook car with Lesley tonight or tomorrow. And if I come up positive soon there is still time for recovery and to make the trip. Hate this virus!!

Good luck
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/17/2022 01:30 AM

I would think any reputable place would work with you.
Posted By: Mia

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/17/2022 04:08 PM

So sorry this happened to you. Hoping you have a speedy recovery. Do you have to test to get into SXM. I thought you only had to test on the way back to get into the US?

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/17/2022 04:31 PM

If you are fully vaccinated, you don't need a test to enter SXM. However, it is actually wise to test before you go anyway, just to make sure that you aren't positive. You DO have to test to re-enter the US. MUCH better to find out before you go and have to cancel, versus testing positive when you try to return, or get really sick down there.
Posted By: Mia

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/17/2022 06:32 PM

Got it. Thanks Carol.

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/19/2022 10:20 PM

No…. We had our shots…. Too sick to go….felt like a bad flu….bronchitis and lethargy…. No way we would’ve been able to navigate sitting on two flights and moving through airports feeling that sick…and of course our responsibility to others of primary importance….cancelling was the wisest option as we are still not ourselves and would’ve been sick down there….having some difficulty with Allegians re: insurance….sent everything they requested…they all keep saying they didn’t receive anything…. Finally sent info by registered certified mail yesterday….hopefully they will receive info…

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/19/2022 10:26 PM

Got a suggestion….if you’re planning to go out of the country….not only test before….but if you’re part of any celebrations two weeks prior to your trip…. Skip going or wear a mask the entire time…. On May 8 th we attended a lovely Holy Communion for my granddaughter…one person tested positive that night….tally of positive COVID’s to date…eight …

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/19/2022 10:27 PM

Good luck as well….

Re: Trip canceled due to covid - 05/19/2022 11:29 PM

zoe--sorry to hear that the family get together was the cause of your sickness.. I hope you are able to reschedule..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline