TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report May 12-13

Posted By: BenP

Trip Report May 12-13 - 05/16/2022 08:38 PM

Thursday was a little of a off day due to some house keeping issues.

We ate light at our place in Orient Bay for lunch with a baguette and selection of meat and cheeses in preparation for our dinner at Spiga.

Dinner at Spiga is always one of our favorite experiences due to not only the quality of the food but the consistently good service. This visit did not disappoint! My appetizer was the Crudo which consisted of tuna and salmon tartar, avocado, olives, and capers. This could've been a meal unto itself but really just got me to the main course. I selected the risotto with seafood and was treated to a mouth watering combination of shrimp, scallops and clams in a white wine ginger sauce over risotto that was unbelievable! Dessert was their cheesecake served with coffee ice cream and berries. A glass of Rosso Di Montalcino Argiano 2018 accompanied the meal nicely. Truly an outstanding meal that lived up to our high expectations.

Friday was our first full sun day at Orange Fever and it wasn't anything short of blissful. Chairs (cushioned) are still being charged for at $5 a piece but they are continuing to honor the 1 to 1 dollar to euro if you pay cash. Lunch was Tuna tartar with fries followed by a few rounds of rum shots by the ever charismatic JC. The food here is consistently good whether you opt for one of the specials or their pizzas. You won't be disappointed. For those of you venturing to Orient Bay, the seaweed situation is good. There's a little on the beach but very little in the water. Nothing detrimental to enjoying the incredible views or surf.

Dinner on Friday was another light meal of smoked sausage brie and a baguette. I know this is a little boring for some of you but we've gotten to the point where we like what we like and don't feel the need to go out to dinner when we're on vacation if the mood doesn't suit us. Island time baby!

The sun and good food forced an early night for us and we enjoyed catching up on the last season of Ozark before heading to bed.

Attached picture IMG_1029.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1032.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1033.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1025.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1036.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1038.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1040.JPG
Posted By: CaribbeanDreams

Re: Trip Report May 12-13 - 05/16/2022 10:35 PM

Nice report.
I also enjoy Orange Fever, nothing like good food and your toes in the sand, sound of the ocean...
My partner and I were on island in February and did most dinners in, before we ate all three meals out... now covid has forever changed the way I will look at money and life... the future is uncertain and I am now more cautious with money
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report May 12-13 - 05/16/2022 11:53 PM

Thanks for the report and the pictures!! Carry on!!!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Trip Report May 12-13 - 05/17/2022 01:35 AM

Thanks for Orient update. Our plan is to hit Orange Fever Thursday. Our favorite on Orient.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline