TravelTalkOnline

Eagle around the island

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Eagle around the island - 05/17/2022 11:55 PM

It's been a few years since we've done the around the island sail. Had great weather and pretty calm seas. Went to BBB after the sail for the happy hour ribs and chicken special. Was just OK. All in all a good day.
Posted By: Mia

Re: Eagle around the island - 05/18/2022 01:11 PM

Scuba, where are your favorite spots to stop while sailing around the island? Friends joining us will only be there for a few days and I would like them to see the most beaches/scenery possible. TY
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Eagle around the island - 05/18/2022 03:47 PM

We didn't stop at these but my favorites are Orient, Pinel, Mullet and Anse Marcel.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Eagle around the island - 05/18/2022 05:53 PM

We did the Boomerang Island Tour on Monday (have been on other boats but first time on this one). Stops at Creole Rock, Pinel Island, Tintamarre and Long Bay. To me those are some of the best stops to make. It was a full day but I thought it was reasonably priced for what we did. Lunch was also good (chicken and shrimp skewers grilled on board). I also like the fact that it doesn't board until 10:00 a.m. so doesn't require a real early start to the morning.

Re: Eagle around the island - 05/18/2022 06:41 PM

Thanks CaribLee. Good to know. Can you tell me why you liked those particular stops? We will have our own crew and they will take us where we suggest. TY
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Eagle around the island - 05/18/2022 07:05 PM

Sure......Creole Rock for some of the best snorkeling on the island. Pinel Island for its calm shallow waters and nice views (also two good beach restaurants). Tintamarre for a chance to swim with the sea turtles (I did that Monday). And Long Bay because it is the longest and one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. You also get an up close view of La Samanna....the most exclusive resort on the island.

Attached picture 20220516_162845.jpg
Attached picture 20220516_162822.jpg

Re: Eagle around the island - 05/18/2022 07:38 PM

Awesome. Thank you so much! Your pictures are beautiful. Can't wait!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline