TravelTalkOnline

Dinner With Mama

Posted By: CaribLee

Dinner With Mama - 05/18/2022 12:17 PM

After some pool time and a nice sunset to end the day, we headed to Porto Cupecoy for dinner at Mama (Italian). A first time for us. Wife had lasagna which was very good and I had the grilled mahi (a board special). Probably should not have ordered fish at an Italian restaurant. While it had a good flavor, it was not fresh (a bit rubbery). It was busy and definitely had more customers than any other Porto restaurant. We will give it another try at some point.

Attached picture 20220517_182041.jpg
Attached picture 20220517_193201.jpg
Attached picture 20220517_193257.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/18/2022 12:55 PM

We really liked Mama Pizza. Ate outside, great for people watching. Yeah, probably best to stick with pizza or Italian there though.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/18/2022 03:21 PM

And they reopened the location in Oyster Pond. Mama's Pizza has always been great for us.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/18/2022 07:54 PM

Our pasta dishes were very good.

We enjoyed our experience there.
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/19/2022 10:34 PM

Super curious now. Which cuisine or nationality should it be the restaurant in order to eat fish?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/19/2022 10:54 PM

Any cuisine or nationality is going to have fish. It's a world wide entre.
Posted By: SurferMike

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/20/2022 04:44 PM

We went there three times back in February and March for lunch. I ordered the lasagna and found it really good. The next two times were for pizza and a salad. Very good pizza also. There were so many different kinds, I can’t remember which one we ordered. And very thin crust which really makes it that much better.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/21/2022 11:42 AM

Most of the fish they sell is local, fresh-caught, and FRESH -- especially board specials. I'd have said something to the owner because that is very unusual there. I had wahoo there a few months ago that was terrific.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/22/2022 08:39 AM

Not for nothing, we found "The Spaghetti house" in Jordan village. Simple menu, beer-wine. everything is fresh that day!! The prices you can't beat!! Service is really good. Catherina the owner does a great job making sure everything is to perfection!! And yes the limoncello shot is a nice touch too!! https://www.facebook.com/SpaghettiHouseSXM/?ref=page_internal
First time we went, we were a party of seven, she was ready for us, we called a few days ahead. No problem! This is a great lil find!! From one Italian to another!! It's a must try!
Posted By: pat

Re: Dinner With Mama - 05/22/2022 02:17 PM

David,

This post has nothing to do with dinner with Mamas Pizza but I couldn’t resist responding to you…..

I am so glad you and the crew enjoyed The Spaghetti House. It’s been a favorite of ours since we first discovered it not too long after it opened. I think Katerina told us the recipes are all Enzo’s and were taught to the staff under his tutelage.

On our first visit we didn’t know what to expect and we had a chuckle. Caterina was not there that evening and a friend was filling in for her. He was a burly gentleman and didn’t really look like the restaurant type but he offered us a table - our choice since we were the only diners and most of their business was take out that evening. We sat and eventually he came to take our drink order - I asked if they had a wine list and in a somewhat gruff but friendly manner he responded, “ Red or white!” I got the message and I’ve been hooked ever since. Great food, reasonable prices and the ability to enjoy Fat Tony’s music from afar. What more can you ask for?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline