TravelTalkOnline

Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices

Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 01:21 PM

Rosie's Rib Shack has upgraded their deck and slightly increased their prices. Here are updated photos from this week

Drphilsxm

Attached picture 20220526_090937.jpg
Attached picture 20220526_090921.jpg
Attached picture 20220526_091025.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 01:23 PM

Wow, that doesn't even look like Rosie's! Hope the food is the same.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 01:30 PM

Wow also. Rosie's has gone "big time". Good for her, as long as the food is the same it's all good.

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 01:36 PM

Here is my last photo from Oct 2021
For comparison.

Drphilsxm

Attached picture 20220526_093230.jpg
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 01:39 PM

Ribs weren't as good as before. Mine were rather dry and chewy. Wifes burger was some type of mystery meat that didn't resemble hamburger nor taste like it. When talking to others in the water that had a burger their comments were the same. They plan on installing a restroom too

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 01:46 PM

Had she had a burger there before?? To ME, Rosie's is not a place where I would ever have thought to have a burger. Hopefully it was just an off day on the ribs.
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 02:08 PM

This is our go-to place. The upgrades look wonderful. Now- if only they could hook up with running water and a bathroom it would be perfection!!!

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 02:45 PM

There may be off days but I picked up ribs to go the other day and they were good.

I guess I like ribs since yesterday I was also having ribs at Lolos in Grand Case.

Lolos ribs on the grill photo

Drphilsxm

Attached picture 20220526_104241.jpg

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 02:49 PM

Dr. Phil--those ribs look pretty dry. Did they put BBQ sauce on them after?

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 02:54 PM

Hey Carol

They only use a dry rub of seasoning. No sauce.
You can probably order sauce on the side and dip.

Drphilsxm
Posted By: pat

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 02:55 PM

I personally prefer the dry ribs without sauce slathered all over them. To me Rosie’s ribs have always been dry rather than gooey and that’s the way I like them. So I guess we’ll have to wait for November and see for ourselves.
And I’m with MamaB - a real bathroom would be nice……..🙂🙂

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 03:00 PM

A couple extra comments on Lolos and the French side.
The ribs were only $14 for a full rack which included 3 sides.
Also, they are taking US$ at par (to Euros) similar to the grocery stores and other restaurants on the French side.

Drphilsxm

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 03:13 PM

Oh, ok. Wouldn't be for me. I like a 'wet' rib.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 05:11 PM

Definitely new from our March visit although we like sitting at the table or picnic table in the sand she had with umbrella. Does she still have a table or two on the sand?
Posted By: EdB

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 05:16 PM

We went in late March to Rosie's. The bigger deck and more tables does make it easier to eat lunch. As for the food, it was as good as always. We noticed a slight uptick in prices, but still, a most reasonable price for the amount of food she provides. I have always said, she has the BEST ribs on the island, and once again when we were there, were not disappointed in the least. There are bottles of bbq on all the tables, for people who want to add some extra sauce, but the beuty of rosie's is the dry rub and spices she uses. The bottled sauce just detracts from the great flavor. my opinon, some may not agree.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by fabila
Definitely new from our March visit although we like sitting at the table or picnic table in the sand she had with umbrella. Does she still have a table or two on the sand?

Louise, are you thinking of November, because it was all new in April, when we sat together.
I think it looks different without the people crowded in there.

As far as the ribs, I always love Rosie's ribs, but I did mention on another post, that there were a few days
they weren't up to par----- I can't believe I'm saying that.
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 08:34 PM

The last time I was there I mistakenly ordered a hamburger--not the best. I usually get chicken and ribs or a hotdog (which I love). One and done for the burger. Also, her fries when they first come out hot and crispy are the best!! Like the new look.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 09:10 PM

Terry you could be right although I still don’t remember it being that finished off. There was an extension but it didn’t look like that.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/26/2022 10:05 PM

Yes she still had two tables with 4 chairs each with umbrellas in the sand. 4 picnic tables inside and bar area to sit at.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/27/2022 01:58 PM

Terry you could be right although I still don’t remember it being that finished off. There was an extension but it didn’t look like that.

Louise, I think we should go back now and check it out!
LOL
Posted By: pat

Re: Rosie's Mullet Bay- New look and prices - 05/27/2022 02:07 PM

I think we ALL should do just that!! 👏👏
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline