TravelTalkOnline

Places similar to Orient Village and beach

Posted By: DRich

Places similar to Orient Village and beach - 08/01/2022 11:14 PM

My wife and I have been staying at Orient Beach every year for many years. She was fed up with the sargassum this trip and is now wanting to try other islands. Can anyone recommend an area and beach similar to Orient? We love Orient for all the restaurants and of course the beautiful beach. We don't like big commercial hotels or condos and hope to find something like Orient Village.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Places similar to Orient Village and beach - 08/01/2022 11:25 PM

Sorry, are you looking for somewhere on SXM or another island??

Re: Places similar to Orient Village and beach - 08/02/2022 06:04 PM

I was thinking other islands that have areas similar to Orient.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Places similar to Orient Village and beach - 08/02/2022 06:38 PM

OK, one thing I would say that is the seaweed does seem to be fairly seasonal, usually only in the summer months. So, if you can shift to another time period during the year, you hopefully should be able to avoid the seaweed.

As far as other places similar to Orient, are you looking for islands with a French feel and do you want a nude beach possibility? If so, my feeling is I don't think you are going to find it in the Caribbean, other than possibly Guadelupe or Martinique. St. Barts, if you have tons of money. I really don't have any idea how the seaweed is affecting those islands, as it seems to be a big problem throughout most of the Caribbean in the summer. Possibly mainland France, but of course only in the summer.

If you don't need nude beaches or a French feel, you could try Cane Garden Bay on Tortola. That's about the only other suggestion I would have. Best wishes.
Posted By: CrazyCanuxx

Re: Places similar to Orient Village and beach - 08/02/2022 06:58 PM

My vote is Jolly Harbour, Antigua. Lovely 2 bdrm, 3 bath "villas" with dock.

Shirley Heights is a must do.

A few shops and restaurants, stunning south beach to watch for the green flash, or quiet north beach.

Very safe, gated community. Large grocery store tops up the dream.

A day trip to pink beaches on Barbuda (and frigate sanctuary), and a 15mins flight to explore dreamy Montserrat (Beatles recording studio or volcano observatory) offer variety.

Down side: fewer foodie options.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Places similar to Orient Village and beach - 08/04/2022 08:35 PM

It is seaweed… Sorry to here your trip was ruined by seaweed. It is always a good idea to stay at a resort that has an awesome pool. Orient Beach is a one of a kind beach and hard to replicate.

Re: Places similar to Orient Village and beach - 08/05/2022 01:53 PM

Thank you all for your replies. For us a nude beach is not a consideration. Jolly Harbour in Antigua looks very interesting. I will do some research on it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline