TravelTalkOnline

EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated?

Posted By: sxmmartini

EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/04/2022 07:22 PM

Has anyone been approved to travel to St. Maarten through the the EHAS application that has no vaccine documentation and no previous Covid recovery?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/04/2022 07:34 PM

Martini--the rules are pretty clear, on the official website. If no vaccination and no proof of recovery, a negative test is required. Nothing at all new about that in recent times.

Link to the official website

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/04/2022 07:39 PM

Thank you for the link and my question is has anyone recently traveled to St. Maarten that is unvaccinated and been approved with just a PCR negative test prior to arriving.

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/04/2022 07:41 PM

People have done it for months and months!!!!! What's the question?? Nothing new.

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/04/2022 07:46 PM

Not true… TTOLer’s are 98% vaccinated and boosted. I have a family that was recently denied because of being unvaccinated and never contracted Covid 19.

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/04/2022 07:50 PM

Bull. If your family was denied, they were denied because they didn't have a TEST.

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/04/2022 08:13 PM

Let me rephrase the question… Has anyone since the automated EHAS approval been denied and please give reason for the denial to travel and enter St. Maarten?
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/09/2022 08:35 PM

My wife and I are also unvac. And had no trouble going to Walgreens and getting the rapid PCR test ( gives you 48 hours ) . But that was before the automated system took place .
So I would also be interested in this question
Jeff_C
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/09/2022 08:41 PM

I just pulled this off their web site . Hope this can help a little . "I am not someone that likes to remove regulations and then have to replace them later”. Said Ottley. The Minister is working on transitioning the EHAS to a more effective system that fosters safety without negatively affecting our visiting numbers. The plan is to allow this automated approval to be accessible for all visitors regardless of their vaccination status by October 15th 2022.
Jeff_C

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/10/2022 09:00 PM

My hubby will probably travel late October to do some upgrades to the villa which is for sale
If it is easier after October 15th to be approved by the Government of St. Maarten unvaccinated but with just a Covid negative test maybe we will consider taking the villa off the market and enjoying SXM again.
It has been a long 2 1/2 years of these CDC regulations and I will wait and see what is next.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/11/2022 02:13 AM

Nice way to get a free listing/advertising on TTOL. 🤔 It's not a big deal to get approval to go to sxm. Vaccinated or not.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/11/2022 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Nice way to get a free listing/advertising on TTOL. 🤔 It's not a big deal to get approval to go to sxm. Vaccinated or not.

Again, a rare time that I agree with you 🤭

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/11/2022 12:57 PM

No ad there anymore.

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/12/2022 04:00 PM

No problem with the removal of my link. It seems to be that entering SXM is just a negative test and off we go. dance
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/12/2022 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
No problem with the removal of my link. It seems to be that entering SXM is just a negative test and off we go. dance

Been that way for quite awhile.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/12/2022 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini

I'm not sure why this seems to be news to you; it's been this way for unvaccinated travelers for over a year.

Re: EHAS Government approval for the unvaccinated? - 08/12/2022 04:36 PM

Georgia--Yes, which is exactly what my first response in this thread was--If not vaccinated, you need a test. End of story.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline