TravelTalkOnline

Island Tour / Orange Fever

Posted By: mahokid

Island Tour / Orange Fever - 08/21/2022 11:41 AM

Started out late morning to show our friends the island. Certainly did not get to show them all we planned.

Started in the low lands and proceeded to Porto Cupecoy, Royal Islander La Plage (our TS for next week), through Simpson Bay, shopping in Phillipsburg (traded in a bracelet wife has not worn for a new ring) (new Robert Graham shirt from my favorite store Laurent)

Lunch at Orange Fever (no seaweed)

Picked up caviar and a nice white burgundy from Bacchus (Hope Estate) and a quick stop to restock the Villa at Super U Hope Estate ( we like this one better than Marigot which is under refrigerator construction)

Still wanted some pool time so back to Villa by 4:00

Orange Fever
Beautiful day on Orient, sun shining, no seaweed

Always enjoyed the food at Orange Fever but mostly to see John Carlos
Owner Luke is away but food or service was not lacking

Restaurant and beach both pretty busy
Started off with some frozen mojitos
I had one of my favorites to start escargots with blue cheese, I always remember how good they are

Wife had Tuna tar tar with crispy french fries while I had the tar tar of the day Mahi-Mahi with same set up (both $20.00)
Both were very good

We saw some drinks go by and they looked good so we had to try the pina colada with banana.
It was hot yesterday and they were delicious and cooled us off
Finished up with some rum shots
A great lunch reasonably price

Attached picture Fever Mahi.jpg
Attached picture Fever Tuna.jpg
Posted By: BenP

Re: Island Tour / Orange Fever - 08/21/2022 12:25 PM

Great to hear the seaweed issue has improved on Orient Bay! Thanks also for the pics of the tar tar dishes at Orange Fever. They consistently seem to have some of the best tar tar on the island or maybe I’m just biased because of their fries. JC has to be one of the nicest guys we’ve ever met and continues to be one of those people we love to reconnect with when visiting.

Enjoy your time on the island and please keep the pics coming!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Island Tour / Orange Fever - 08/21/2022 12:59 PM

Thanks for the pics and the report. Glad to hear that the seaweed situation on Orient has improved. Could you tell if they had just raked, or there was just a lot less of it in general? Hope it's the latter! Your friends are lucky to have such experienced island visitors to show them around.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Island Tour / Orange Fever - 08/21/2022 04:53 PM

It is different to travel with other people but we did get separate cars.
We all seem pretty intent chilling in the Villa.

They really should discover more of the island to understand that it is more than great food
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Island Tour / Orange Fever - 08/21/2022 05:36 PM

You're right, SXM definitely is a lot more.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline