TravelTalkOnline

A Positive Customer Service Experience/DELTA

Posted By: ruralcarrier

A Positive Customer Service Experience/DELTA - 08/23/2022 12:16 PM

As I have done in the past several years, I booked AA to SXM for my March trip and Delta for the return. Thanks to the fiasco of getting to SXM on AA this March, they "compensated" me with enough miles for the one-way trip down for 2023. This is only because I booked as soon as the flight was available, the miles are out of sight now for the same itinerary. I then booked Delta for my return; it was a slightly higher price than what I paid this year. I paid the extra fee for a fully refundable ticket. I have been monitoring the fare and noticed it had dropped some on Sunday, not a significant amount but enough to get my attention. I made a call to Delta, got a very nice representative and explained the situation. She then looked up the fare and quoted me a similar fare but still higher than what I was seeing on delta.com. This was perplexing to both she and I. She then logged into delta.com and found the same fare I had found but the reservation system she was using with Delta still showed a higher fare.

She offered to call a supervisor to see about matching the fare I found or suggested she just cancel my existing reservation (at no charge due to the class of ticket I had purchased) and I book a new one. She said if she called a supervisor and got it approved Delta would issue a credit for the difference, where if I booked a new reservation, it would involve full credit (and maybe some time) and the total new fare. Knowing fares can change on a whim, we decided it best to just cancel and rebook.

She processed the cancellation as I was rebooking, and started the credit process and we were done within 10 minutes. The new ticket was shown as a "pending" charge shortly after booking. Much to my surprise, on Monday morning the full credit was shown as "pending" and was fully credited back to my card that evening. I was expecting several days, if not longer.

While it is not a big difference in fare, the system worked and customer service was excellent.

Anyone else booked with Delta and having a refundable ticket, it might be worth monitoring your flights and current fares. You might be able to save a few $$.

Not sure if I am living right or what but I have had 3 out of 4 very positive customer service experiences within the last 7 days. It somewhat restores my faith that some businesses and companies do still care about the customer. Now, if I could just have that same feeling with Fifth Third Bank!
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: A Positive Customer Service Experience/DELTA - 08/23/2022 12:38 PM

Dude, you're living right. It's nice to see when good things happen to good people. 👍
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: A Positive Customer Service Experience/DELTA - 08/23/2022 01:12 PM

It's always great to get good customer service for once, and then to pay it forward after. Too many times we are quick to complain and slow to praise.. Myself very much included in that statement.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline