TravelTalkOnline

Airline Reservations

Posted By: pat

Airline Reservations - 08/24/2022 10:18 PM

I know there’s currently a thread running about AA flight changes but I would suggest checking regularly on ALL reservations regardless of who you are flying.

Currently the airlines are in a total state of flux and things are changing constantly. Far better to be safe than sorry.

I received a notification today to check my November JB reservations due to a schedule change. It was minimal and was actually in our favor but it was still another change.

Better to check regularly and be safe rather than sorry. smile smile
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/24/2022 11:25 PM

Pat--for sure, check and double check ALL reservations, as changes are a fact of life these days. Some not big, some huge..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 03:29 AM

I check mine frequently even though it's not till next May/June. Always changes in the past but usually workable.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 12:33 PM

I was grateful that Michael checked ours. JB Mint flight price dropped $2k!

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 12:54 PM

Don’t you love MINT? We flew it once but had a hard time justifying the regular pricing for a three and a half hour flight even having lucked into a great deal on a sale price. I guess I really am getting old!! 🙂🙂
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 01:23 PM

I never saw Mint on the schedules to SXM. Too excited to lay down--LOL
Europe is another story!!!

We did have a few changes, but were never sent the last change.
We happen to check, on another matter, this time and my husband kept saying that I hadn't confirmed the change---and
it was a new change he was looking at.

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 01:35 PM

As far as I know MINT only goes to SXM on the weekend.

Re the LATEST JB changes, I saw it on my reservation and a little later I saw the notification. But at least we get an extra half hour to sleep in………if it stands and doesn’t get changed again though I’m thinking it probably will. 👏👏
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 01:41 PM

I should mention, that we had to call JB concerning our issue, not the slight schedule change,
and had the nicest man, who was so helpful. His name was Cedric.

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 04:08 PM

There are only two reasons for me to fly Mint. One, the return flight on a Saturday getting into a MUCH shorter line to drop bags...not standing in line for forever. Last year, we flew home on Friday to avoid the Saturday rush. But then we were SPRINTING through JFK airport trying to make our connection since there was no direct flight. Given how out of shape we are, that was NOT FUN especially because our house(dog) sitter was not available that night to stay over so we HAD to make it home.
The second reason is the leg room. Jet Blue extra leg room is good of course but Mint is better.
Sometimes, I do need to actually work on the flight too so it is nice to have the room to stretch out instead of someone reclining their seat into my "workspace"
I couldn't care less about the food (it isn't that good) or being able to lay flat at least not to SXM.

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 04:58 PM

I, please believe me. My MINT comments were not meant to be critical in any way, shape or form. We all have different reasons and justifications for doing the things we do.

We flew MINT one time just to see how the ‘other half’ lives and I stumbled onto such a deal I just couldn’t resist resist the opportunity. Due to a promotional sale they had going on, I think in the end we paid only a hundred dollars over the extra space seats price.

Back in the day before AA bought out US Air and were flying nice planes to SXM, we typically booked 1st class seats so we could sleep on those very early AA flights and take full advantage of the fully reclining bed-like seats.

And re the food, both back in the day and now - yuck. Can you believe my DH actually likes airplane food?

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/25/2022 07:57 PM

Pat, didn't take your comments at all negatively. My comments were more of a "meh, Mint is ok".....I'm not sure it is truly worth the cost.....I'd rather they give me the same snacks and drinks as the non-Mint class and save money rather than putting out what they think is this great food and it really isn't.
I mean, c'mon. Does the airline industry honestly think that the food is GOOD? (Pat's husband not withstanding).

Now all I can think of is getting on the plane and flying to SXM.....I so definitely need that!
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/26/2022 12:16 PM

See you in November Pat!!!!
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/26/2022 12:20 PM

Our first flight with American was changed. They got rid of Charlotte to SXM flight. We were going to have to go to Miami and overnight. Canceled that one. Got Delta. Scheduled to come home Nov. 8th. They changed it til the 7th then the 5th. Our Anniversary is the 6th..so we found that we can now go home on the 9th. We have never had this many issues traveling down.

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/26/2022 02:45 PM

We will be between EZB and BSV from the first. Hopefully we will cross paths a few times. Just keep checking those reservations. 🙂🙂
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Airline Reservations - 08/26/2022 03:12 PM

"Our first flight with American was changed. They got rid of Charlotte to SXM flight. "
It's back on the schedule again. At least for next May.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline