TravelTalkOnline

American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights

Posted By: SXMScubaman

American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 09/20/2022 04:21 PM

"While the carrier is growing in Austin, it is making some changes elsewhere that will affect its Caribbean service.

The airline will end service on the following four flights:

Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) — Las Américas International Airport near Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ)
DFW — Princess Juliana International Airport in St. Martin (SXM)
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) — SDQ
PHL — Cibao International Airport near Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI)"
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 09/20/2022 04:27 PM

Oh wow. I'm sure West coast people counted on that Dallas connection.

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 09/20/2022 04:34 PM

Now it'll be a Dallas to MIA then SXM. I never took the Dallas to SXM. Usually a SEA redeye to either CLT or MIA then to SXM.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 09/20/2022 04:43 PM

I noted that AA had been cancelling that DFW flight on a piecemeal basis for this fall. That's a shame, for those in that area. That is a pretty new route for them, sorry to see SXM lose another non-stop destination.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 09/20/2022 07:18 PM

Last year AA offered a direct DFW-SXM in June, July and August. That is the only time I have seen a direct flight from DFW since we began going to SXM in 2007. I do not know if they offered that flight this year. Last year they discontinued that flight in September.

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 09/20/2022 08:06 PM

Yes it was available earlier this year.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 10/11/2022 03:10 AM

Can’t imagine the dfw - sxm wasn’t a maker. West coast travelers I would think prefer dfw over Miami or east coast. Hopefully they will bring it back in the near future. Or United could take some business from AA if they added a houston non stop for connecting passengers.

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 10/11/2022 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by foreversxm
Can’t imagine the dfw - sxm wasn’t a maker. West coast travelers I would think prefer dfw over Miami or east coast. Hopefully they will bring it back in the near future. Or United could take some business from AA if they added a houston non stop for connecting passengers.

Not for me. Every time we connected through DFW we had missed flights and delays due to weather. I'll stick with MIA or CLT.
Posted By: leonard

Re: American cancelling 4 Caribbean flights - 10/11/2022 04:23 PM

We live in DFW and never took the direct flight to SXM. Just too expensive. We always connected through Miami or Charlotte.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline