TravelTalkOnline

Back road to Orient

Posted By: SXMMD

Back road to Orient - 09/20/2022 04:39 PM

Anyone on island now, or recently know the current status of the back road to OB, by the salt pond?
Thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Back road to Orient - 09/20/2022 06:02 PM

Sorry, not sure I understand the question. Do you think there's an issue that it was washed out by Fiona?
Posted By: SXMMD

Re: Back road to Orient - 09/21/2022 02:53 PM

Carol, No not Fiona. In May the road was in very bad shape, going via Orient village was worse.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Back road to Orient - 09/21/2022 04:07 PM

OH, sorry, wasn't sure which road you were talking about. I thought you were talking about the road that goes by Oyster Pond. I would call the road that you are talking about the 'main' entrance to Club Orient. Hopefully someone has been on it lately.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Back road to Orient - 09/21/2022 05:17 PM

a few weeks ago it was horrible which is about the same as it always is. Years ago they used to have a tractor grade it but unfortunately the roads on SXM are not the best so its probably not a priority. Just part of another day at the beach which is great.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Back road to Orient - 09/21/2022 05:54 PM

It was pretty bad this last May. Lots of ruts and pot holes.
Posted By: JBSTL

Re: Back road to Orient - 09/22/2022 09:54 AM

On the island now......and the road is as indicated by someone on the thread---in terrible shape. I don't think it is a whole lot worse than I have seen it in the past, but it is basically one big pothole. My opinion is that it's better to go the primary entrance into Orient Bay (at the guard shack) to go through the village and down the beach road for access to Club O Beach.

Save your suspension!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline