TravelTalkOnline

Anybody been to Happy Bay lately?

Posted By: MXS

Anybody been to Happy Bay lately? - 10/28/2022 02:02 PM

Flying into SXM tomorrow (10/29) after a three-year absence. We always hiked out to Happy Bay at least one day in the past, but I now have some mobility issues and am wondering if we should make the effort. We would hate not going, however. We would go on a weekday, probably early in the day. Have there been many people there? Natural vs Textiled? Is Danny still there? Any creepy lurkers?
Posted By: stevel13

Re: Anybody been to Happy Bay lately? - 10/28/2022 03:57 PM

I was there with my wife in August. We got there shortly after a rain storm, mid morning. We hiked from the old gated entrance, it was an easy hike going by burned out cars, piles of trash and old beer bottles. When we got there there was no one on the beach, however we found 3 locals hiding in the bushes drinking, definitely creepy. At that point we trusted our instincts and left immediately. Your results may vary.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Anybody been to Happy Bay lately? - 10/28/2022 05:12 PM

Its nice just watch your things. Some friends of ours went last July and a guy on a black scooter stole their backpacks , phones, passports etc. Luckily the police were able to track the phones and got the passport back but not the phones.
Posted By: MXS

Re: Anybody been to Happy Bay lately? - 10/28/2022 05:26 PM

I'm glad I asked. Thank you. I think wisdom dictates that we skip it this time.
Posted By: Stevemech

Re: Anybody been to Happy Bay lately? - 10/28/2022 11:34 PM

We were there the last week in April. Danny was up and running the beach bar. Nudes were present on the far left and far right sides of the beach. No issue’s whatsoever. Had several great days. Felt safe too. Parked in front of the white gate and walked in via the concrete road. Enjoy !
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Anybody been to Happy Bay lately? - 10/29/2022 06:10 PM

Friars Bay is normally fine. Happy Bay just past it is very nice just keep an eye out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline