TravelTalkOnline

So that happened

Posted By: BeachKitten

So that happened - 10/29/2022 10:05 PM

OMG!! WE were downtown P-burg picking up my birthday present.
We were 6' from a robbery.

My husband saw the gun and helped the guys close the doors and bring the security shutters down. We were locked in the store for a while.

They took gold and jewelry from next door. I think Shoppers Haven? I was at Grand Jewelers. It’s was scary AF!

While my ring was being sized the jeweler sent us to Bold Buddha for free food and drinks.

Three thugs on two mopeds. Entered from the ally and came onto the sidewalk.

Afterwards I just broke down crying.

I’m now working on getting drunk.

Happy Birthday to me. It will be memorable.
Posted By: pat

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 10:09 PM

Only you, Leona! Only you!

Glad you and Andre and all others are safe. As stated, hard to find a more memorable birthday shopping trip.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 10:16 PM

So sorry to hear and thank God no one was hurt.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 10:32 PM

Wow Just Wow. So glad you're OK albeit definitely shaken. Happy Birthday and yes, have another drink.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 10:44 PM

Having been through an armed robbery (pharmacy) before, it is nothing I ever want to experience again. It is something you will never forget.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 11:00 PM

Geez - I am so sorry you went through this. I know some of the jewelry stores have grouped together to pay for guard dogs - DK Gems is one of them. Were you anywhere near that area?
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 11:07 PM

Prayers for peace for your mind coming your way... And hope they catch these criminals. Glad you're safe but doesn't help your peace of mind.

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 11:30 PM

I’m sorry for those who don’t have FB. These are from SMN News

https://fb.watch/gtscdCkWBq/

https://fb.watch/gtsdutnnX3/

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby2
Prayers for peace for your mind coming your way... And hope they catch these criminals. Glad you're safe but doesn't help your peace of mind.

I appreciate your kind words Shelby.

JD, I have also been robbed at gunpoint before. I was in college working at an upscale department store in a low scale County. Needless to say that county no longer has any nice stores.
Posted By: OrientBeach_jimbeach

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 11:35 PM

So sorry you had to experience this. I have had a gun pointed at me once when I was 18 years old and have never forgotten it. Until you have experienced an event like you went though most people do not know the trauma. I would think that the government/judges needs to enforce sticker/harsher sentences for crimes like this or it will not stop.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: So that happened - 10/29/2022 11:58 PM

How very scary!

Glad that you are OK and hope they can catch these criminals.

Praying that you find peace and relief from this horrible experience.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 12:19 AM

Dear god, so glad you are ok... Wow..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 04:49 AM

So sorry that what happened. Just plane scarry what is going on not just in sxm but world wide. I have several guns and always pray ill only have to use them for hunting and not self defense or protection of property. Sad to say its the times we are in. Glad you were safe.
Posted By: crsxm

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 11:38 AM

So glad you are ok and no one else was hurt during the robbery--memorable birthday for sure! Maybe a little less excitement today and make it a beach day!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 12:05 PM

Yep, I've been on the floor with a gun to my back during a bank robbery; nothing I ever want to experience again. I'm so glad everyone is safe. Have another drink.

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Yep, I've been on the floor with a gun to my back during a bank robbery; nothing I ever want to experience again. I'm so glad everyone is safe. Have another drink.

OMG Georgia! In my 16 years of banking I thankfully never experienced that. We certainly trained for robbery, bomb threats, and potential of kidnap. My greatest fear was being locked in the SDB vault with all of my employees and told to strip…lol

I’m sorry you experienced that trauma.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 01:00 PM

Horrible to hear all this, BeachKitten and GaKaye.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 01:04 PM

I also have been on the floor with a store being robbed. Something you never forget. The only difference is I was not sent to have food and drinks at a nearby bar. I spent hours in the police station looking through mugshots.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: So that happened - 10/30/2022 02:32 PM

I am so sorry this happened to you & your husband & on your birthday to boot!! Hope the rest of your vacation is stress free!!
I am stunned at the number of people here that have experienced similar circumstances!! Good grief!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline