TravelTalkOnline

Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay?

Posted By: singbeach

Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/09/2022 02:55 PM

Yes, waited too long, however due to many variables...looking for best beachfront lodging end of Jan, first of Feb...10 days. Waiting to hear back from BSV, Azure full, per their web, Mary's Boon may have 2nd floor... Any recommendations? As you can see we do prefer that section of Simpson Bay, I think best beach! It's been a long time, but getting ready to celebrate another milestone! Thanks. Any thoughts/experiences re Baker's Suites? Not direct beachfront though, right?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/09/2022 04:00 PM

Beachside is probably full. I would do Mary's Boon. You might check to see if Horny Toad has availability. Baker's Suites is not near the water and has no views. There are a bunch of condos all along the beach there. They would probably cost more though.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/09/2022 04:39 PM

Mary’s Boon has about 35 or so rooms with various room types, studios , 1 and 2 bedrooms, garden, beachfront etc and budget. All rooms are within steps to the beach. We like it over a condo or small guesthouse because it has real hotel amenities, restaurant, Bar, spa , on property. We were just there during the last rain storm when some properties lost power which happens often on sxm but Mary’s Boon has it huge power generator and water supply, it’s own tv satellite system and now has fiber optic internet. It’s pretty self sufficient. It’s nice to have a lot of staff around when things don’t go right. It books up fast also but since they have more rooms than the others might have better chance to find what you need. Coco’s next door has some Airbnb rentals but they get fairly pricey. Simpson Bay is a great beach and location.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/09/2022 06:04 PM

Vittoria is a private home next to Mary's Boon. But 5-6 bedrooms, so probably not to your liking. Beautiful house for bigger families or friends group.

Hope you found something.
Posted By: singbeach

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/10/2022 12:55 AM

Horny Toad is on the Beach? I will look into it! Thanks!

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/10/2022 01:46 AM

Yes.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/10/2022 04:20 AM

View from my balcony at Horny Toad.

Attached picture 20221102_151212.jpg

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/10/2022 02:10 PM

Linda--hoping maybe to see a report from you. smile
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/10/2022 02:32 PM

For sure when I get back home. Not sure about while I am here as I am having trouble getting my photos from my phone to computer. As you know, I like to intersperse photos with narrative.

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/10/2022 02:55 PM

OK, no problem. Hope you're enjoying your trip, after a dud last time.
Posted By: BHK

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/10/2022 04:18 PM

Take a look at sxmbeachrentals.com. They have several choices, we stay at Ocean's Edge and love it.
Posted By: mstngal

Re: Best beachfront @ Simpson Bay? - 11/16/2022 12:02 PM

We’ve stayed at LaSiesta for many years. It’s prime Simpson beach location and the villas are gorgeous. There are 2 buildings, we stay in the smaller of the two with only 3 units total. It’s just down the street a bit from the Catholic Church and it’s a lovely quiet neighborhood. You can find a lot of LaSiesta units on VRBO. Highly recommend!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline