TravelTalkOnline

Dining Italian style

Posted By: islandgem

Dining Italian style - 11/22/2022 03:28 PM

Enjoyed a very nice dinner at the Spagetti House in Jordan Village last night. Great food, good service and good friends!

Attached picture 20221121_190225.jpg
Attached picture 20221121_191236.jpg
Attached picture 20221121_191247.jpg
Attached picture 20221121_194044.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/22/2022 03:51 PM

Thanks for posting! What is the dessert?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/22/2022 04:06 PM

Would be nice if you said what the dishes were.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/22/2022 04:15 PM

They are on my list for March. Looks good.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/22/2022 05:09 PM

I like Spaghetti House, but prefer to get it to go and eat at home. They have limited tables, they are outside under a tent, and on the street. But their food is great!
Posted By: sxmmimi

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/23/2022 03:19 PM

We enjoyed the food at Spaghetti House but I wouldn't recommend going with a large group - we were nine people and the entrees were served two at a time with quite a bit of time in between. Not ideal. When the 10 year old ordered pasta with butter she was told that they do not have butter - they would serve it with olive oil. Or pesto, or marinara sauce, or vodka sauce etc. The reply was no thank you, just plain pasta. The owner walked away shaking her head and actually looked pained when she serve the plain pasta. We all had a good laugh over that . Also, the restroom was down behind the building, very dark and uncomfortable to get to. So much so that the children were told to try to "hold it". Also not ideal smile But the food was delicious and enjoyed by all!
Posted By: pat

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/23/2022 04:00 PM

I’m sure you made a reservation for a group that large. We’ve only ever gone as a twosome or foursome so no problem with the meal arrivals. The Italian food is prepared to order by Claire who was taught by Enzo - and while it’s not what you’d call a classy setting, it is what it is and the food is great. Good that you got to try it out and as previously suggested, maybe take-out next time?! Katerina customized one of her classic Italian dishes for me and it was to die for. It’s on our must-do list every trip at least once or twice. We enjoy eating there while benefiting from the music at Fat Tony’s. And her Tiramisu is out of this world delicious.

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/23/2022 07:18 PM

There are a few tables indoors and that is where we sat.

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/23/2022 07:19 PM

Profiteroles and tiramisu.

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/23/2022 07:21 PM

Scuba, Perhaps it would be nice, but you are lucky you even got pictures!😍

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/23/2022 08:51 PM

Elizabeth--thanks. It kind of looked like chocolate donuts, that's the reason why I asked!!

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/24/2022 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by islandgem
Scuba, Perhaps it would be nice, but you are lucky you even got pictures!😍

Sorry I asked. Wouldn't take much to say what they were. 🤔
Posted By: gomer36

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/24/2022 03:47 AM

Thank you for the great pictures! Spaghetti House has become one of our favorites too..we'll get to the island Saturday if all goes well, and then to SH for lasagna night, and then a few days later for the carbonara..or maybe the bolognese..
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/24/2022 10:57 AM

IMHO, it's a great lil find on the island without the big ticket check at the end!! Caterina does a great job of making sure everything is just right!! although it's happened a couple of times where one of our group ordered spaghetti and got fettuccine ! LOL!!! Gnocchi's are amazing!!

Attached picture David and Louise ,M&B  Spaghetti house 10-22.jpg

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/24/2022 01:18 PM

Scubaman--since you never post any trip reports, you shouldn't be chiding anyone for anything...
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/24/2022 01:28 PM

Had an amazing chicken parm there last night. No "tent" in sight.

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/24/2022 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Scubaman--since you never post any trip reports, you shouldn't be chiding anyone for anything...

If you would look back you'll see I don't do an end of trip report but usually do short daily updates if something warrants it while on island.

Re: Dining Italian style - 11/24/2022 04:43 PM

I really don't recall much in the way of reports from you, ever, but possibly fair. But you never post pictures of anything except diving pictures, and none of those recently, since you don't go diving anymore.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline