TravelTalkOnline

Bring Your Own Wine

Posted By: MotownTim

Bring Your Own Wine - 12/03/2022 02:33 PM

The Spaghetti House has good reasonably priced food but their wine selection leaves a little to be desired. I wonder if they would allow BYOW and charge a corkage fee. Has anyone tried this?
Posted By: pat

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/03/2022 02:40 PM

A little off topic but in retrospect I still get a chuckle out of this.

Not too log after the Spaghetti House opened and our very first time there, Katrina was off one evening and a gentleman was filling in for her. He seated us and asked what we’d like to drink. I very naively asked if there was a wine list and he replied, “Sure. Red or white!”

Not quite the response i anticipated but it about said it all. Been going back once or twice a trip ever since!

And to answer your question, Tim, no clue about the byob and corkage fee.
Posted By: NumberCruncher

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/03/2022 05:11 PM

Sometimes, red or white is all I need to know. Othertimes, I do want something special. I have been known to order vin ordinaire if I have an overly pretentious sommlier.

I really like the red at Spaghetti House. John
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/03/2022 05:31 PM

Last March I saw a couple who walked over to Fat Tony's and brought drinks back to their table at Spaghetti HOuse- don't know about wine though.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/04/2022 04:45 AM

I received the same answer about the wine selection last week. I thought it was really funny and it was Katerina who was serving. I guess they really don't have a wine list but the food is amazing.
Posted By: pat

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/04/2022 02:54 PM

It surely is good eating in a totally casual manner and fast became one of our favorite island eateries.

As for the byob question - any more thoughts?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/04/2022 04:11 PM

All I can say is bring a bottle and see what they say. If they say no just buy it there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/04/2022 05:24 PM

If it were me, I'd just give them a call and ask.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/04/2022 06:38 PM

I don't think they were thinking fancy restaurant, when they opened. It was more like a take out service with a few tables.
The quality of their food brought in more diners, but it seems Caterina is concentrating on
the food rather than a wine list.

We once bought a great bottle there, which we liked very much.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/04/2022 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
If it were me, I'd just give them a call and ask.

Winner......winner......chicken dinner.
Posted By: gomer36

Re: Bring Your Own Wine - 12/06/2022 07:14 PM

We enjoyed a bottle of Lambrusco with our friends at Caterina's suggestion last night and really enjoyed it. I probably haven't had a bottle of that since college, but it was great as it had just a little chill on it. I'm still thinking about the lasagna and carbonara...we ordered both and then split them up. Scratched all itches. Wasn't that busy, so Caterina had time to come out and visit. A special evening at one of our absolute favorites SXM or otherwise.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline