TravelTalkOnline

A delicious dinner at Ocean 82 last night

Posted By: lcote

A delicious dinner at Ocean 82 last night - 12/15/2022 02:36 PM

Michael and I have been having breakfast and something we call Lupper (lunch/supper). We haven't really wanted to go out in the evening because all this relaxing is really hard work.
We found that Ocean 82 is open for lunch as well as dinner. So yesterday afternoon, we headed to Grand Case for Lupper.
We parked in the free lot and walked down the street. We came to a bar where there were a TON of people watching the World Cup with France playing. As we walked by, France must have scored a goal because the cheering was very loud! Yay France.
We got to Oceans 82 and were met outside with more people watching the World Cup. They brought us in and sat us right by the water. The glass half wall over the water was nice. Being able to see the ocean underneath us was cool.
I started with a caesar salad. Michael and I are amateur chefs and we make a pretty terrific caesar salad. This one was quite good but could have used a touch more garlic. Michael had the foie gras appetizer. He declared that delicious.
The food came with a fantastic french baguette that was served warm.
As we expect, the timing of the meal was perfect and I got my plate of duck with fig and balsamic reduction while Michael got scallops with smoked duck carpaccio and foie gras sauce. He said his was excellent as well.
At 5:30 at night, the sun was just going down behind the hill. It was a beautiful sunset.
We both had the creme brulee for dessert.
It was a fantastic evening and the best food we have had thus far on our trip. The service, the food, the location.....just perfect.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: A delicious dinner at Oceans 82 last night - 12/15/2022 02:51 PM

Sounds like a lovely meal. Waterside dining during the day makes for a much prettier view.

Oh, and by the way, it is OCEAN (singular) not OCEANS.
Posted By: lcote

Re: A delicious dinner at Oceans 82 last night - 12/15/2022 07:23 PM

edited.

Re: A delicious dinner at Oceans 82 last night - 12/15/2022 07:53 PM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: A delicious dinner at Ocean 82 last night - 12/15/2022 10:18 PM

Ocean 82 is a great choice! I have always enjoyed dining there. Next time I will have to try it for lunch!

Re: A delicious dinner at Ocean 82 last night - 12/15/2022 11:31 PM

Yes, we also enjoy a gourmet lunch.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: A delicious dinner at Ocean 82 last night - 12/16/2022 09:12 AM

We were there last month, they do a great job start to finish!! At night, it's a really nice view when they turn on the lights under the restaurant!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline