TravelTalkOnline

Alamanda?

Posted By: DandM29212

Alamanda? - 02/07/2023 10:42 PM

Does anyone have an update on the old Alamanda resort status?
Posted By: Stevemech

Re: Alamanda? - 02/08/2023 01:12 AM

When we were there the first week of December, there was heavy construction going on and did not look anywhere close to opening. Lot of unfinished rooms with no windows installed, plumbing and electrical work going on everywhere.

Re: Alamanda? - 02/08/2023 04:05 AM

Thank you, Stevemech! smile
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Alamanda? - 02/08/2023 04:12 AM

Where is it? Never heard of it.

Re: Alamanda? - 02/08/2023 04:35 AM

Alamanda was a condo resort as part of the Caribbean Village in Orient Bay (closer to Rue de Plage) until Irma. It's still there, but redevelopment post-Irma was postponed for several reasons but finally got going again in 2022. It's located beachfront, somewhat right behind Wai Plage. If you walked through the main Village Square, you'd also get to it that way. I've heard differing stories about how it would be remarketed, but it seems like that may still be premature.

I'd previously thought it was a "race" between Club O and Alamanda as far as who'd be last to reopen. Guess Club O "won".

Google it or check out:
https://alamanda-resort.lesserantilleshotels.com/en/#main
Posted By: Kelly G

Re: Alamanda? - 02/08/2023 07:20 PM

Used to stay there quite a bit. When I was there over the summer, they were working on it but there was a sign that said it was to be Alamanda Private Residences and they were selling to investors. I inferred it to mean that they were being sold as individually owned units (I think similar to mt vernon). So would assume they would end up more like VRBO's than a hotel once complete. I meant to take a pic of the sign as it had an email address, but sorry I forgot. Wonder if anyone there can take a look, there was a sign outside of it on the fence as they were doing construction. I believe that link above is out of date.

Re: Alamanda? - 02/10/2023 11:18 PM

Kelly G
"I believe that link above is out of date."
Yeah, it was an outdated link to an old Alamanda website intended to answer the previous question of what is Alamanda and where is it.

Good to hear that construction is still moving. Personally, I'd like to see those as VRBO options. Great location and good to see it come alive again after Irma.
Posted By: moi

Re: Alamanda? - 02/10/2023 11:21 PM

Club O beach is open along with the Perch Lite, but the resort is still a pile of rubble. If Alamanda is doing any structural repair they're way ahead of Club O.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline