TravelTalkOnline

Divi water

Posted By: bizzottom

Divi water - 02/21/2023 09:54 PM

Companions have stated that water was not very good

Any divi comments?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Divi water - 02/21/2023 11:36 PM

It all comes from the desalination plant. Should be as good as any other resort tap water on Dutch side.
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Divi water - 02/22/2023 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by bizzottom
Companions have stated that water was not very good

Any divi comments?

Tell them to drink beer instead 🍺😎

Re: Divi water - 02/22/2023 01:45 AM

I believe the local island made beer is made with same water. πŸ‘Œ
Posted By: lcote

Re: Divi water - 02/22/2023 08:42 PM

My husband will drink it. But I won't. It has a bit of an odd taste to it. I brought some tea with me to drink down there. I generally LOVE this tea but I didn't like it when I made it with the desalinated water.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Divi water - 02/22/2023 09:47 PM

We drink bottled even though they say the water is safe there. I too found an odd taste. Maybe the water is okay but the pipes that bring it are not?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Divi water - 02/22/2023 11:30 PM

I don't drink water from the tap anywhere on SXM.

Re: Divi water - 02/22/2023 11:57 PM

We've been drinking the tap water in the Dutch side for over 20 years of going there. Never a digestive or health problem because of the water. Any ice in drinks come from the tap on island.
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I don't drink water from the tap anywhere on SXM.

The ice in drinks is made from the same water.. soπŸ₯‚
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 02:07 AM

Sanfilip--Not saying that I think the water is not safe. Saying I don't like the taste. Don't really taste ice.

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Sanfilip--Not saying that I think the water is not safe. Saying I don't like the taste. Don't really taste ice.

A little wedge of lemon takes care of that.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 01:33 PM

Actually Scubaman, it did not for me. I had lemon in my tea. And that odd taste was there.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 02:30 PM

The portable travel Brita filters do a good job of removing chemical taste from otherwise perfectly drinkable tap water. I notice a difference in coffee, which is a bit more forgiving than tea when it comes to water, between straight tap and filtered tap. And here on board my water comes out of the watermaker so is pretty close to being distilled water and that, too, makes for a difference in taste.

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 04:03 PM

Yes. We keep a Brita in our on island storage box but I also drink it straight out of the tap. I see no real difference.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Yes. We keep a Brita in our on island storage box but I also drink it straight out of the tap. I see no real difference.

Where does one get an on island storage box?

Re: Divi water - 02/23/2023 08:29 PM

I keep mine at LaVista. They provide the box.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Divi water - 02/24/2023 02:48 AM

Divi water does have a taste and smell to it, but I find that if you put a pitcher of it in the fridge both go away. I drink it with no problem but my wife prefers bottled.

Re: Divi water - 02/24/2023 02:59 AM

Same at home. Our tap water has a strong chlorine taste and smell to it. Leaving it overnight dissipates it. We use a brita at home too.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline