TravelTalkOnline

Heineken Regatta 2023 Photos

Posted By: Zanshin

Heineken Regatta 2023 Photos - 03/11/2023 02:21 PM

I'm lucky to be on the committee boat and be in a location where it is hard not to get some good pictures! I just finished culling the over 1000 pictures down to a manageable number and have put together a page with the picture grouped by day (and one group showing the volunteers at work). If you want to look at them, just click on the link below to visit the gallery.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Heineken Regatta 2023 Photos - 03/11/2023 03:52 PM

Thanks for posting!! Will take time later to view them all!!
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Heineken Regatta 2023 Photos - 03/11/2023 04:32 PM

Thank you for the great, fantastic photos. Almost felt like I was there. Yes you did have a great vantage point for photos, I wouldn't have been able to put the camera down. As a former sailor, club racer, and a 15 year employee of a sailboat manufacturer I really appreciate your photo journalism and will be looking at the photos again in finer detail. Thanks again.

Re: Heineken Regatta 2023 Photos - 03/12/2023 11:09 AM

I was tempted to shoot video as well, but if that went wrong then I wouldn't have had pictures. Those big Volvos and somewhat smaller racers are very fast and impressive when coming by. And those close starts are accompanied by lots of shouting between the boats. This year we only had one collision, between some of the Melges and they fended each other off with feet and nobody bothered to file a protest, either.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Heineken Regatta 2023 Photos - 03/12/2023 11:25 AM

WOW!! Great photos. Made me part of the action. Could of years ago all we got was from SMYC as the boats left.

Re: Heineken Regatta 2023 Photos - 03/12/2023 08:29 PM

Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline