TravelTalkOnline

Thinking about what cruise lines will be sailing out of SXM next year

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Thinking about what cruise lines will be sailing out of SXM next year - 03/17/2023 11:50 PM

Thoughts/ideas about who will be sailing out of SXM next year? Any info would be appreciated.
Posted By: 280z1977

Re: Thinking about what cruise lines will be sailing out of SXM next year - 03/18/2023 12:21 PM

The only large cruise line is MSC. https://www.affordabletours.com/cruises/d/port/caribbean-all/philipsburg-st-maarten/

Re: Thinking about what cruise lines will be sailing out of SXM next year - 03/18/2023 12:29 PM

Thanks for the reply. Based on what I have read in the past about them, don't think I would be interested in them. Smaller ships would be a lot more expensive, I would guess.
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Thinking about what cruise lines will be sailing out of SXM next year - 03/18/2023 02:04 PM

For what it is worth, we taken more than a dozen cruises and don't find the size of the ship has much bearing on the cost. Rather, it's the level of amenities and travel style being offered by the cruise line that drives price. There are cruise lines that cater to a variety of travel styles (budget, mid-range and upscale) in just about every ship size. Also, I'm sure you already know that most cruise lines also offer a range of prices on each ship depending on stateroom size, location on the ship and, in one cases, the level of extra services provided for the higher priced accommodations. I'm sure you are probably also aware you can research what cruise lines best fit your budget and travel style at cruisecritic.com

Re: Thinking about what cruise lines will be sailing out of SXM next year - 03/18/2023 02:10 PM

Unless you're talking about a mega-cabin on a big ship, smaller ships cost more, because they are mostly the deluxe lines. At least that was our experience, from being on more than 30 cruises. However, we haven't been on a cruise for a few years, and many things now are much different than when we were cruising a lot.

It appears our larger issue is that we would want to go in summer or fall, and the pickins' at that time in St. Maarten aren't good.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline