TravelTalkOnline

trip report so far march 16 to march 18

Posted By: EdB

trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/19/2023 03:57 AM

So far sopla good. Was delayed for about an hour in Mia wednesday, but plane made up some time, and it was a pretty uneventful flight, although pretty full. Immigration was a breeze, and off to the luggage. That we had to wait for about ten minutes, before it came, and we were off. Got my car once again from AAA. Spent Wed and Thursday night at Mary's Boon, and had apartment 15 again. Right on the water, spectacular view, and some of the finest fun people around us. Was starved after the flight, got the car, dropped off luggage, and went to Captains for a quick bite. Ribs and Chicken were deliicious...and so much food for the money. For dinner we ate right at the Boon, and both enjoyed our dinners. Wife with grouper, and me with pork tenderloin. Amazingly good. Last night was my lasagna at Mark's, wife had some sort of fi
Tsh. Mark's never dissapoints.
today laid low at the islander, Driftwood for lunch, and tonight went to the new Mr. Chow restaurant on the site of the old Cheri's. What a place they built!!! Beautifrul area now, very upscale looking, beautiful greenery, and service and food were impeccable. We will be going back i am certain. Limited menu, but oh so good. i meant to take some pictures, but....sand gravity is effecting my brain already. It's a very welcome addition to Maho area. That's it so far....will report in a couple of days. Oh, no beach currently at Maho, totally rock and waves. Simpson Bay by Boon has been carved out a bit from the waves, and yesterday at Orient there was little seaweed.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/19/2023 07:37 AM

I'm good with Sand gravity!!! Sounds like you are off to a lovely time on the island!! Does "MB's" still do the honor bar???? You're right Captains gives you huge portions and really good dishes!! I liked the rum punch very much!! But my money is on the girls at Driftwood for the best on the island. Just my opinion gang!! I'm checking the webcam at Maho, seems that the beach is back nearest to SSBB!! No ships in port today!! Should be a nice day for a dip, watch the planes over head!! No worries about the depth of the beach in front of the Boone , mother nature will bring that back soon enough!! Carry on!! Enjoy the Sand gravity and the breath of the ocean!! Thanks for posting!! (Photo taken by me while on the Rhino riders in front of Maho beach last April)

Attached picture Jet Blue Maho 0422.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/19/2023 12:59 PM

Ed==sounds like a good start. Thanks for the report on Mr. Chow. I am thinking about eating there in June. Did they just open up?
Posted By: SandS

Re: trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/19/2023 01:39 PM

I believed they opened in late December or early January. I thought Mr Chow was much prettier than Roma.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/19/2023 01:47 PM

SandS--did you eat at Mr. Chow?
Posted By: Todd

Re: trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/19/2023 02:32 PM

Best Rum Punch, right where I am in Cupecoy!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/19/2023 05:17 PM

Sounds like a great start. Enjoy your time on island!
Posted By: SandS

Re: trip report so far march 16 to march 18 - 03/20/2023 02:46 PM

No, we only ate at Roma. Ran out of nights, lol.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline