TravelTalkOnline

New resort to open on old ElZifro

Posted By: SXMScubaman

New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 03:10 PM

Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/cocovaaresort
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 03:26 PM

Good to know. Its always been a hard location to make work but nice to see something new. The old place never had any real amenities since it was more of a guesthouse but the beach is nice as long as they keep the cruise ship day crowd out. I know when we stayed next door at BSV once it got noisy at time. High season almost over, hopefully they can get it open quickly before it goes slow again. I hear the rent is not cheap there!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 03:43 PM

I was wondering what was going on there. Not much info on that page though.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 04:08 PM

Lots of pictures.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 04:14 PM

Nothing being done as yet . But will wait and see since its right down the road for us.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 06:37 PM

Regular webpage, with more info, including prices.

Link

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 08:00 PM

I see only the 2 bedroom has a kitchen.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 08:29 PM

Just went by and nothing happening for now.
Will check back during this coming week.
Happy Sunday evening.
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 08:50 PM

Beautiful part of the Simpson Bay Beach in those photos.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/19/2023 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ritchard
Beautiful part of the Simpson Bay Beach in those photos.

Yes. They don't dare show any evidence of Sargassium.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 12:01 AM

Scuba--yes, that was one of my big problems with El Z, no kitchens in almost all rooms. On purpose because of the restaurant, I'm sure. I wonder if the new place is going to have a restaurant, as there is nothing on the website about that. I'm not sure they can survive without a restaurant though.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 12:18 AM

Well the Restaurant facility is there .

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 01:29 AM

Lesley--Yes, that's true. Just surprised there is nothing on the website about a restaurant.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 02:27 AM

Well Carol , you have to remember that will have to restock everything that was sold out via Auction. So just wait and see .

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 01:12 PM

Lesley--So, they are planning on reopening the restaurant then?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 05:35 PM

This is the response to that question on Berger's site:

Plans are being made as we speak stay tune to there Facebook page to the opening LINK - FB page for Cocovaa

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 06:19 PM

Just a thought. A friend of mine told me this new place is asking for advance room deposits. As this seems to be an unknown start up, personally I would somehow if booking there make sure the deposit in protected just in case they can't provide the rooms. We had a couple of friends that lost their room deposits at El Zifro when they got evicted. Not to be NEGATIVE just be safe.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/20/2023 10:00 PM

Yes better believe it .
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/21/2023 01:36 AM

Sunshine Properties posted yesterday, "Cocovaa beach resort Special prelaunch discount |...".

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/21/2023 01:58 PM

Interesting. Pre construction , pre open etc types of offers when nothing it ready or built make me a little extra careful as its generally really is a fund raiser to finance. It certainly sounds good now and I would maybe consider trying it. I just would need to know and little more information like who the management is,, who is involved , history , experience, past reputation , etc. Until then I personally would stick to anyplace else like next door BSV etc with a long good history until they have operated a little while and people reviewed. Or least put your deposit only in safe 3 rd party hands. It's just been a few months since EL ZIFRO closed and cost a lot of people to loose their room deposits. I am anxious to see what they can do, it's a nice beach down there for sure.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/21/2023 02:46 PM

That's the way they do it here, sadly. Lots of half built buildings.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 03/22/2023 10:56 AM

One way or another these new owners are trying to make it work. I'm glad someone is going in there. it will keep the area safe!!
Posted By: singbeach

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 07/21/2023 02:20 AM

Has anyone stayed at CocoVaa Resort? It's now July 2023, nothing new posted in this forum for this resort?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 07/21/2023 10:17 AM

Facebook page (previously posted here) reads that restaurant is coming soon.

When I checked rates for January 6 -13 2024 2br 2b ranged from $295-350 per night and 1br 1b $230-250.

Strange tho was that each suite listed had different amenities. Some said AC some said Kitchen some hairdryer. It didn't say all suites have etc.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 07/21/2023 10:18 AM

PS if anyone happens to be staying at BSV stop by, check it out and let us know.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 07/21/2023 01:04 PM

When it was El Z, I believe only one of the units had a kitchen. The rest just had a small fridge and I think, a microwave.

Re: New resort to open on old ElZifro - 07/21/2023 04:24 PM

That property seems to allows changing hands and a little problematic. Now I read another beach bar is going in there too, just what the neighbors don't need. Pics do look interesting but personally I would stay any place else on Simpson Bay more known until they had time to get some good reviews and operating a while. I know BSV had kitchens and Marys Boon's larger units have full kitchens and all the other rooms have kitchenettes but not good enough to cook full meals.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline