TravelTalkOnline

Sunday

Posted By: RonDon

Sunday - 03/20/2023 01:35 PM

Late Saturday arrival. Too tired to report anything

Sunday up at dawn, enjoyed the sunrise out on our lanai followed by breakfast of just leftover baguette toasted, oranges, coffee.

Off to Carrefour Cole Bay for provisions. Filled the fridge then off to pick up friends at Azure hotel. Drove to Porto Cupecoy rendezvous for jazz We then took them for a tour of the island since it was their first is it here.

First stop Marigot via the lowlands then up to Columbier for some nice veggies. On to Grand Case, then Anse Marsel then a stop at laPlaya for drinks before heading to the nude end. The road leaving there is no better than in years past.

Stopped at the viewing platform for photos, stop at Oasis to see if Carol (formally from Estimenet) was there, thru Oyster Pond then on to Pburg in time to catch bridge opening where Alley jumped from the car to take video.

Whew exhausting day. Drinks on lanai watching the daylight fade. A game of cards then to bed
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sunday - 03/20/2023 01:56 PM

Wow, that does sound like a very busy day! Try to take it easier today! grin

Re: Sunday - 03/20/2023 02:18 PM

We plan too. I wish we didn’t have this ledge to climb over. I might get on the beach via the gate at the pool. For now it’s just veg out on the lanai with binoculars and perhaps a snooze

Re: Sunday - 03/20/2023 02:44 PM

Rosemary, I spend most of my time either on the porch or sitting in a chair inside, looking out at the ocean anyway, not on the beach. smile Hopefully the sand comes back some.

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 10:43 AM

When you book ask for a unit that is not recessed. Those that jut out have no sand pile at all. Actoually you. An see what looks like a cement wall.

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 12:46 PM

Sorry, I didn't understand your post.
Posted By: candu

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 12:51 PM

I think he meant actually you can see a cement wall. The sand is totally gone from some units.

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 01:04 PM

Yes units that jut out show a sort of cement wall and those that recess like unit s9 & 10 have what appears to be the sands from 11&8 gathered in front of them .

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 01:08 PM

OK, I still don't really understand what you mean, but it's all good.
Posted By: JCPanic

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 04:41 PM

Hi Rosemary, sounds like a wonderful first day all around the island. Save some fun for later. Reading the rest of the thread, are you all hinting that there is no beach at BSV ? So now waterfront villas, not beachside villas ? Is this like Maho where the sands come and go ?

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 05:08 PM

JCPanic--It's very unusual that there is no sand at BSV, but it does happen occasionally. For the past year or more, the sand has been very wide and beautiful. Hopefully it will come back soon.

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
JCPanic--It's very unusual that there is no sand at BSV, but it does happen occasionally. For the past year or more, the sand has been very wide and beautiful. Hopefully it will come back soon.

Thanks Carol ! It happens. The different wind patterns may have caused it. Anybody have photos of it's current state ?

Re: Sunday - 03/21/2023 07:46 PM

Rosemary (Rondon) is there now and should have pictures. If you still can't figure out how to post pictures, Rosemary, you can email them to me. If you need my email address, let me know.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Sunday - 03/22/2023 10:51 AM

It's happened a couple of times. Where there was no beach in front of "our" unit#1. Emanuel was nice enough to put out chairs on the side of the pool. It worked!! I look at it this way in ALL the years at BSV and the good fortune we have, it wasn't so bad!

Re: Sunday - 03/23/2023 11:38 AM

Jc some units you can walk out right onto beach but those that are set back have sand pilled high in front of unit so you can’t walk right out into water from the unit

Re: Sunday - 03/24/2023 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon
Jc some units you can walk out right onto beach but those that are set back have sand pilled high in front of unit so you can’t walk right out into water from the unit

Thanks Rosemary !! Have a great stay. I am enjoying your updates.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline