TravelTalkOnline

Weather St. Martin and Anguilla

Posted By: holidays

Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 08:02 AM

Hi,

i am writing from Germany.
I would like to know if I should plan holidays on St. Martin and Anguilla during end of June (23.) and beginning of July (06.) or should I skip because of rainy and stormy weather?
Can anybody give me general information about weather and sea temperature during June and July?
Thanks a lot and greetings!

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 09:51 AM

Hi.. nobody knows about the weather? ;-(
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 10:17 AM

Consider the time difference!

June/July can have some rain, but it's not "stormy." Rains usually last just a few minutes, and then the sun comes back out. But it is the beginning of hurricane season so might have more rain than other months.

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 10:28 AM

thank you for your answer. Short rainfalls would not be bad as long as it is warm and the sun comes up so that you can swim in the sea.
But I think that the sea won't be calm that season :-( hmmmmm don't know what to do.... would be a pity to travel so far across the world and finally sit in the storm.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 10:52 AM

You could have bad weather anywhere you go but to predict it 3 months in advance won't work. We have gone at times that are not considered in the "rainy season" and got quite wet and, on the other side we have gone in September which is hurricane season and had great weather.

Do your homework and maybe look at historical weather and go with that but even then it could be totally different...and, as mentioned, remember the time difference as you posted around 4am USA time and I doubt too many were online then
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 10:52 AM

We are on the island for about 2 weeks that time of year and have been doing it for about 10 years. (last week of June and first week of July). We have always found the weather to be just fine. Light winds, minimal rain during the day and pleasant ocean temps for swimming and snorkelling. Concern about hurricane season really starts about mid-August and runs through October.

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 11:13 AM

Well... if anybody asks me how the weather will be in June; July (or in any other single month) in Germany I would be able to give general information and recommendation because I live here. Surely I made some researches in in the internet but I thought that people living there will know the best. Seems that I have been wrong, because it seems to be a very difficult question.

Concerning the time difference; I don't know if you know that you can see the amount of the views of your post. So there were a lot of views. Additionally I have seen that many people answer to a post where someone announces that he/she has become a grandparent.

I see that this Website is a private communication method between some members and is not a portal for information exchange because it is toooooo hard for you to give an answer to a very simple question.

Wont come back again and disturb your private communication here. I am sorry.
And thanks to the ones who have tried to give an information anyway.

Originally Posted by boucharda
You could have bad weather anywhere you go but to predict it 3 months in advance won't work. We have gone at times that are not considered in the "rainy season" and got quite wet and, on the other side we have gone in September which is hurricane season and had great weather.

Do your homework and maybe look at historical weather and go with that but even then it could be totally different...and, as mentioned, remember the time difference as you posted around 4am USA time and I doubt too many were online then

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 11:14 AM

That sounds very great!! Thank you for that information about your own experiences! Have a nice time.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 11:43 AM

Please continue to return and use the site as a resource. As with everything in life, there is good and bad, and this site is no different. Just ignore the crap and don't let the curmudgeons drive you away.
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Weather St. Martin and Anguilla - 03/24/2023 02:41 PM

I lived on a neighboring Caribbean island for 18 years. While Mother Nature can always throw you a curve I can tell you that weather on Anguilla and St. Martin during the latter part of June and into early July is usually very nice. Because Anguilla is a relatively flat and arid island it usually gets much less rain than the nearby mountainous island. Because St. Martin is somewhat hilly it will get slightly more rain. As one of the previous poster said, rain on both islands, if it does come, is usually in the form of very brief widely scatter showers lasting minutes rather than hours. It is not unusual for it to sprinkle in one area and be bright, sunny and dry 1/4 mile away. All day rains are rare. For what it is worth, I've seen it rain in my backyard and at the same time be sunny and dry in my front yard.

While it is technically Hurricane Season, the biggest threat of major storms is in the latter part of August through late October. The Caribbean covers a vast area so even if there is a Hurricane in the Caribbean during the time you are visiting the odds are small it will impact Anguilla. You can research the frequency of every hurricane that impacted Anguilla since 1850 at www.stormcarib.com - on the Home Page click on the "Climatology" link then select "Hits & Misses". On the new page select "Anguilla". If you review the data there you'll find in all that time there have only been 4 hurricanes that impacted Anguilla in July and 0 (zero) in June since 1852. The statistics are essentially the same for St. martin. Pretty good odds, I might say.

When visiting Anguilla or St. Martin at that time of year you can leave your umbrella at home and pack plenty of sunblock, you'll need it. If you do encounter some rain during your visit you have a couple of good options: 1) go swimming as you'll get wet anyway, 2) take shelter under a nearby palm tree until the rain passes or 3) go to the nearest bar and order a pina colada or other frozen cocktail but don't be surprised if the rain stops before the bartender finishes maxing your drink.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline