TravelTalkOnline

NOLA Bayou Bistro

Posted By: mgh

NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/25/2023 04:46 PM

is this place up and running? It's Jimbo Morris' new restaurant in what I believe is in the same location as his previous restaurant (Jimbo's) was. If so, how is it?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/25/2023 04:50 PM

Definitely up and running and getting good reviews. Not in old location but around the corner.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/25/2023 05:42 PM

The same building that had Saratoga Restaurant where we had our Wedding Reception 32 years ago .
Posted By: irina

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/25/2023 07:41 PM

Serving Tex Mex? I miss having that place right there. And drugstore.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/25/2023 08:22 PM

No. New restaurant - NOLA Bistro - is serving food with a New Orleans twist.
Posted By: mgh

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/25/2023 08:56 PM

will definitely have to try it in February.
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/26/2023 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by jazzgal

Are the owners from New Orleans, or are they local SXM residents? We will have to try them for sure.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/26/2023 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by o2bnsxm

Are the owners from New Orleans, or are they local SXM residents? We will have to try them for sure.

As stated at the beginning of this thread, the owner is Jimbo Morris, owner of the former Jimbo's.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/26/2023 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by o2bnsxm

My understanding is Jimbo Morris is the Manager and other backers own the restaurant.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/26/2023 09:21 PM

I've read Jimbo Morris' name numerous times on this forum, but I'm not familiar with him. Just wondering if he was from New Orleans, I guess not. Sorry
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 12:46 AM

Jimbo Morris never lived in New Orleans, he is originally from St. Louis.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 02:05 AM

Thanks bdeeley.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 03:04 AM

You are quite welcome. Also it was reported earlier that Jimbo is not the owner but just the manager, this is incorrect. Jimbo Morris discussed that this is his endeavor, without backers, in an interview he gave in December 2022. If you would like to see the interview, I have posted a link below.

Jimbo Morris NOLA interview

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 03:28 AM

If you would like to read more about James (Jimbo) Morris, follow the link below to more information on Jimbo and his history on SXM.

Jimbo's short story
Posted By: Kennys

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 03:41 AM

Thanks Bro , and after having heavy discussion with my Dear loving Wife Shirley , and as I will be soon 65 next month , time litterally time flies , hence life is not the same anymore with dealing with people from wherever , sa la vie . No name calling , but politically we can see what's happening World wide Russia , America and France and now China lol , money talks . Good night .

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 03:44 AM

Stay safe and blessings on your family.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 07:32 AM

Thank you for the links about Jimbo. I thought he was owner but didn't have any proof. Hadn't seen the "history" before so that's good to know.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 10:01 AM

Thanks for the link bdeeley. Would it be possible for someone to post a copy of their menu? I would like to see the offerings.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 10:50 AM

Thanks for the clarification. It appears speculation and hearsay are once again not accurate.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 12:08 PM

Below is a link to their Facebook page, and as you scroll down you can see images of their menus.

NOLA Bayou Bistro - Facebook page

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 12:11 PM

JD, you are totally correct. For some, it seems the quantity of their posts is far more important than the value, content or accuracy of their posts.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 12:41 PM

I prefer to deal in facts versus speculation and hearsay, and it seems there is a lot of that when it comes to businesses on the island.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 01:02 PM

I agree 100%, the true value is in the accuracy and content of a post. Opinions and reviews are very subjective and very often of little value, at least to me.

How are you doing? Are you over the withdraw from your trip? I hope you are doing well and that everyone there is happy and healthy.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 01:09 PM

I don't mind opinions and reviews; some I agree with and some I don't. I find a lot of inconsistency with many restaurant reviews on TripAdvisor so I pay little attention to those, especially here in the US.

Doing ok, starting to poke around for air for 2024, which will be higher than this year. Celebrating my wife's birthday with some friends (who travel to SXM with me) this weekend and taking it easy. I hope all is well with you.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 02:05 PM

Once again, Thank You for the link/menu bdeeley

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 03:39 PM

I don't mind most opinions and reviews either, but I am going to do my own due diligence and let my own personal experiences dictate my decisions. Often enough, there is just too much twaddle on here, and often from a handful of the same people.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 03:42 PM

Oh, btw, wish your wife a happy birthday, enjoy the company of good friends, and remember those who have fallen in defense of the USA.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 04:23 PM

Thank you and thanks to all who served.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 05:45 PM

bdeeley--It doesn't matter where you are on the internet, there is lots of 'twaddle'.

Re: NOLA Bayou Bistro - 05/27/2023 06:44 PM

Carol, I agree with you 100%, on that statement, and as with here, i look at the source and ignore much of the twaddle.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline