TravelTalkOnline

Caravanserai Timeshare Owners

Posted By: LeeAnnSeely80

Caravanserai Timeshare Owners - 10/12/2014 09:14 PM

I received a scanned copy of a letter annulling my timeshare right by Alegria Real Estate B.V.
I have tried to reach Mr. Ted Richardson, the Minister of Tourism in St. Maarten at 721-542-4672 but could not get through.
Considering this letter may be a hoaz, I contacted federal authorities at IC3.gov and filed a complaint.
If anyone else feels the same, please file a complaint. The more complaints they receive more attention will be brought to these unfair business practices.
THERR ARE STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Caravanserai Timeshare Owners - 10/12/2014 09:19 PM

Why would SXM care about IC3/com? AND this is a civil matter.

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: bonsie

Re: Caravanserai Timeshare Owners - 10/12/2014 09:24 PM

The U.S. won't get involved in this situation
Posted By: LeeAnnSeely80

Re: Caravanserai Timeshare Owners - 10/12/2014 09:50 PM

Stay positive, when banks defrauded homeowners mortgages who got involved. US Banks have been fined for unlawful business practices in the past, why not Bank of Nova Scotia?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Caravanserai Timeshare Owners - 10/13/2014 12:15 AM

Because it's not connected in any way to the US and US laws have no pull in this.
Posted By: Beckygc

Re: Caravanserai Timeshare Owners - 10/13/2014 06:02 AM

They hand delivered "the letter" to each room last week at Caravanserai. I thought it was a little strange to receive the letter from Alegria since I'm not an owner. It seemed a little unprofessional to have guests involved in this situation. Seems to me something this important should be sent by certified mail.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Caravanserai Timeshare Owners - 10/13/2014 09:35 AM

Beckygc said:
They hand delivered "the letter" to each room last week at Caravanserai. I thought it was a little strange to receive the letter from Alegria since I'm not an owner. It seemed a little unprofessional to have guests involved in this situation. Seems to me something this important should be sent by certified mail.

Certified mail may not be an option if you are not dealing with a US based firm or if the mail is NOT originating from the US. Certified Mail as you know it in the states is for DOMESTIC use only. The country the mail is being sent from may or may not have something similar but it is NOT "Certified Mail" as known in the states.

There may be other options as far as mailing but people seem to forget, they are dealing outside the US and things don't work the same.

Timeshare resorts or workers will often assume everyone staying there is an "owner", hence possibly the reason for you getting the notice.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline