TravelTalkOnline

Short notes on a visit

Posted By: boucharda

Short notes on a visit - 01/11/2016 10:03 PM

So rather than a long trip report I thought it better just to print notes and observations as our two weeks progresses...and...have them all in this thread

Sunday: Ribs at BBB were great. Happy hour at 5pm. Family night with fireball so a lot of local families. Very comfortable experience and a great 1st Island meal. Also: they now print out the check and it says "includes 15% gratuity"..we left a bit more

Today...a bit wet for our 9am tennis group and only a tad over an hour of play before a 90 minute rainfall. Not a big deal since it takes a couple of days for me to acclimate to the humidity. Beautiful afternoon....

PJIA scanning survey....everyone looked at me like I had two heads so I guess it IS a random event.

Went shopping at both Super U and Carrefour...

Super U: Fantastic produce... decent meat selection..wine from France very cheap BUT selection not that great. Beer prices decent Dollar 1:1...huge parking area with carriages returned to the parking lot so very convenient

Carrefour:

...VERY decent meat selection....produce not up to SUPER U quality...soda and beer prices a bit cheaper but not as many international selections as in the past.. . MUCH bigger wine selection with respectable prices...

Conclusion: Both are great and each have their pluses but very few minuses.

Tomorrow MIGHT be Happy Bay if the weather cooperates...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline