TravelTalkOnline

Pictures of our Cayman Island trip

Posted By: islandgem

Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 01/23/2013 09:23 PM

We have been doing more travelling since our Cayman Islands trip and hadn't got around to posting the pictures. We always take numerous pictures and then it takes lots of time to view them all. Here is a sampling of another interesting island.

https://picasaweb.google.com/10246223353...857009444814962
Posted By: magellan23

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 01/23/2013 11:11 PM

Thanks for the pictures...brings back memories. We stayed at Morritts maybe 3 years ago and enjoyed it very much. It's the only place we have every stayed where each unit measured the amount of electricity you used, and you got a bill when you checked out! I think we used around $35.

The east end was great...away from the crowds, and we loved Rum Point also.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 01/24/2013 08:52 PM

Great photos and very nice looking hotel/resort.
Posted By: KayMike

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 01/29/2013 01:35 AM

I certainly enjoyed her pictures, which brought back some memories, pleasant & unpleasant. The day that Hurricane Ivan hit Cayman we were to check into Morritts to stay in a ground floor beachside unit -- later I saw pictures of the devistation: the damage to the beachside buildings was horrendous -- the storm surge left SAND piled nearly to the top of the kitchen cabinets -- the building had to be torn down and the 5 story bldg in OP's photos was built in it's place -- much nicer than the original one. We had also stayed 2x on Seven Mile Beach in a condo building next to Marriott hotel that was also destroyed by Ivan. Since that hurricane we have been back to the island 4x via cruise ship. These pictures have encouraged me to plan a trip for Mike & me there in next year or so!!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 01/29/2013 04:02 AM

Kay, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. It is a lovely resort and very private on the east end. Seven Mile Beach is lovely, but we prefer the areas that are not so commercialized especially when we have a car. Hope you are able to return and see it all again.
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 01/28/2014 12:16 AM

Very nice pictures and nice accomodations. I really enjoy Grand Cayman as a Port of call when we cruise. The only downer is the tendering process, which is usually slow and monotonous. Was the hotel/resort all inclusive, or did you have to pay for meals and adult beverages seperately??

Thanks again for the pictures.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 02/06/2014 01:52 AM

Thanks for the pics. Brings back some old memories. Is the Blue Parrot bar still there? And are they still showing movies on the tank behind it?

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: Testudo

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 02/08/2014 03:29 AM

Blue Parrot is long gone...
Posted By: CrazyCanuxx

Re: Pictures of our Cayman Island trip - 12/26/2014 09:57 PM

I have been charged water and electricity in st martin, orient beach, topazi building. it cost me 9e for 10 days and the neighbour caretaker didn't have change. things that make you go hmmmmmm

magellan23 said:
Thanks for the pictures...brings back memories. We stayed at Morritts maybe 3 years ago and enjoyed it very much. It's the only place we have every stayed where each unit measured the amount of electricity you used, and you got a bill when you checked out! I think we used around $35.

The east end was great...away from the crowds, and we loved Rum Point also.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline