TravelTalkOnline

So where to next?

Posted By: TomB

So where to next? - 10/11/2019 01:05 AM

Following Beerman’s suggestion in his France thread – Where is everybody headed?

I know in our house; we have already started planning for our next trip! We will be heading to a small village about 20 KMs north of Siena, Italy in the heart of Chianti vineyards. I was lucky enough to win a half price week for submitting a travel report on a European Travel Board that I also participate on. We have been to Siena but did not a chance to explore the countryside. Really excited about the trip.

We will be staying at Aiolina in April 2020. It will be tough to be within walking distance from 3 different wineries… But I will suffer through it.

The plan is to do 4 or 5 days in Rome (Catholic Hajj) and then catch a train to Siena. We will rent a car there and enjoy the slow life in rural Italy.

So where are you planning to go on your next trip or your next dream vacation.
Posted By: EllenS

Re: So where to next? - 10/11/2019 01:29 AM

We are planning Italy Fall 2020. Similar area. Attending a cooking school in Gaoile in Chianti and then on to Cinque Terre. In the planning stages now.

Ellen
Posted By: TomB

Re: So where to next? - 10/11/2019 02:01 AM

Ellen,

I was so lucky to work for a period of time in La Spezia in Liguria.
It was 15 minute train ride over to the Cinque.
Some nights after work I would ride over for dinner or just to take a walk enjoying the beauty.
And of course on the weekends many hour was spent in the Cinque.
It is truly one of the prettiest place I have ever been. It is also an amateur photographer's paradise.

Santorini Greece is also in that same category for me. One of the places that should be on everybody's bucket list.
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: So where to next? - 10/11/2019 02:41 AM

Tom, Sienna was outstanding for just a late afternoon stop for us, pics are in a report somewhere? There is a horse race twice a year there in the piazza which would be an incredible experience!

Ellen, we stayed in a castle in Gaoile a couple years ago, Castello Di Tornano. It was a great weekend and the food there was outstanding!! I have always wanted to take an authentic Italian cooking class and I think you have picked a great location!!! Castello Di Tornano actually has cooking classes, I spoke with the chef and it sounded great, but time was limited.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline