TravelTalkOnline

Vietnam and Cambodia

Posted By: toast

Vietnam and Cambodia - 04/07/2021 09:37 AM

I am looking at a small group travel tour next year to see ultimately as much of Angkor Wat as I am able. As it may be a solo trip I am thinking of using G Adventures. Good reviews from what I can find and from at least one person who has used them.
Anyone have advice for such a trip on who to use?

Also if you could end with a few days in Bangkok or Singapore would you go to Singapore?

Thanks for any tips/advice...

I am adventurous and like nature and historical areas equally
Posted By: RobT

Re: Vietnam and Cambodia - 04/14/2021 07:54 PM

On my last trip to Cambodia in 2012, we only had two days in Seim Reap, so our travel agent set my wife and me up with our own tour guide and driver for a day and he took us to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Ta Phrom in one day. It was a little busy, but not that rushed. The next day we just had a driver, so I had him take us to Bantey Shre. If we had more time I would have gone to the Rolos temples for one day and a day on our own at Angkor Wat. You need a guide for most to the temples. You need to spend at least two days in Phonm Pen as well. Climbing the steps of the temples is adventurous, but they have put up wooden steps in many places. My favorite place is Pimenakes in Angkor Thom. Pardon my spelling for the Cambodian names. My first trip was in 2003 with Intrepid. There were only 8 in the group, but that was during the SARS scare. You get close to the people with Intrepid, solo travelers are welcome (my wife and I were the only couple in the group), and you sleep in 3 start hotels.
Posted By: toast

Re: Vietnam and Cambodia - 04/14/2021 08:42 PM

Thank you for the info Rob, that will be helpful to me. I am likely going solo, so that part is good to know as well.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline