TravelTalkOnline

Thailand

Posted By: TravelHat

Thailand - 03/29/2022 03:05 AM

Thinking of going. Looking at Koh Samui. Anyone been?
Posted By: RobT

Re: Thailand - 04/08/2022 05:55 PM

Koh Samui used to be a coconut plantation island, and there are still a lot of coconut trees. I was in Koh Samui in 2003 for a relaxing family beach week after touring Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia and Bangkok. It has a lot of nice beaches, inexpensive massages on the beach. We did not have a car, but did take a trip into town and must have hired a car and driver for the day. Stopped at a coconut plantation and watch a monkey climb the tree to harvest the coconuts. Beautiful little international airport.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Thailand - 04/09/2022 02:14 AM

Thanks for the reply. Sound like a great trip. I am sure a lot has changed in 19 years. When you say town was that the fisherman’s village? Did you do a resort or village.
Posted By: RobT

Re: Thailand - 04/10/2022 02:18 PM

It has been a while, but Thailand changes slowly. Koh Samui is sure different from Bangkok. Prices were still pretty low the last time I was there about 8 years ago. We stayed at a resort on the beach. They had entertainment there some evenings. It was a short walk to the tourist shopping area. I do not remember the name of the town. It was more of a town for locals. I remember getting so good street food there.
Posted By: Adventure123

Re: Thailand - 06/23/2022 10:36 AM

Hi,

Its a great destination to go me and my husband went for our first anniversary to Koh Samui. We stayed at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort it was spectacular and we had a very relaxing holiday.We spent 4 nights & 5 days.Palm-fringed beaches and tranquil temples that transmit peace and serenity and the beaches are so clean and beautiful.The evenings are eventful they have fire shows, dancing and stunning stunt shows.What I personally I liked about the whole trip was the Koh Samui Full Moon Party which is now scheduled in 2022.That's a must do.

You will surely enjoy.
Posted By: JohnRosales

Re: Thailand - 01/11/2023 02:35 PM

Oh, Koh Samui sounds like such a beautiful destination! I've personally had the chance to visit Thailand before, and it was an amazing experience.
Personally, when I was at Koh Samui. It was a great experience. It's known for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush jungle landscapes.
Posted By: georgemiller

Re: Thailand - 09/08/2023 01:34 AM

If you have time, I recommend beach-hopping, visiting temples and waterfalls. I don't like spicy food, so I prefer fusion cuisine. However, I do love massages, whether I get them inside the hotel or outside.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline