TravelTalkOnline

Grenada -hiking

Posted By: Caribcrew

Grenada -hiking - 04/21/2019 03:06 PM

Good morning we are within two weeks from our first trip to Grenada. We are extremely excited to say the least. We want to do some hiking while on the island. My husband is more adventurous than I. I am wanting to use a guide my husband prefers to explore on our own. Any recommendations or thoughts are extremely welcome on this topic as well as things/places not to be missed including favorite food stops.

TY
Posted By: Sunset_Sammy

Re: Grenada -hiking - 04/22/2019 10:54 AM

Seven Sisters Falls is a nice hike, you can get to the two lower falls on your own but a guide is recommended for the upper falls. The trails at Grand E'Tang Park are well used and could be done without a guide.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Grenada -hiking - 04/22/2019 05:41 PM

I didn't do any hiking in Grenada, unless you count the hike from the beach to the bar, but Patrick's Local Homestyle Restaurant is the place to go for local food. I had the tapas plate that included 20 tastes of various island dishes. While the individual dishes are small, I couldn't quite finish all my dishes. And, all the dishes are good, especially the callalou soup.
Posted By: Caribcrew

Re: Grenada -hiking - 04/24/2019 02:08 PM

Thank you for your responses!
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Grenada -hiking - 04/26/2019 07:22 PM

Every Saturday at 4 pm there is a Hash House Harriers hike/run/etc. Remote parts of the island are usually chosen for the event that attracts over 100 participants. It is a very fun time. Did I mention drinking is included?

You can ask at your hotel for information about the weekly event.

Enjoy!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline