TravelTalkOnline

Who's been to Belize?

Posted By: barata

Who's been to Belize? - 11/10/2013 02:54 PM

Hi folks
Heading to Belize for a 7 day sail around. Any advice? I've heard provisioning has to be done in San Pedro but it looks like there are a few fish camps around. Worried about stuff like bread and fresh veggies.
Places to stay pre and post charter?
Thanks!
Posted By: Subaqua

Re: Who's been to Belize? - 11/11/2013 11:05 AM

Don't worry, you will find food. You must be chartering outta Ambergris, so, provision there, if things are short there, why not go the few miles to Caulker and see if they have other options. We boated out of Placencia and plenty of choices for provisioning in Placencia. For a place to stay, I'd prefer some small island out on the reef..but gone are the days when you could do that for $50 a night and meals included for two.. Now they are several hundred or $$$$ more a night and you may not get more than jelly and bread in the morning for that.
Posted By: polaris

Re: Who's been to Belize? - 12/10/2013 07:52 PM

You can easily provision in San Pedro. They will usually give you a ride back to your boat on a "golf cart". There is also a beer/water distributor, kind of south of town, makes it easy for drinks.

You will probably find fishermen and or fish camps.
Posted By: ayachtguy

Re: Who's been to Belize? - 01/06/2014 05:16 PM

Great feature article on chartering Belize in CharterSavvy, the online bareboat magazine, about 2-3 issues ago. Google it. Lots of detailed info.
Posted By: moore5678

Re: Who's been to Belize? - 02/05/2014 02:31 AM

Been there in December 2013. You can provision or get food on Caye Caulker too. Not much to see there compared to BVI's. are you Ttm Charters? They are in San Pedro. There are quite a few stores in SP but after that only small store or stores in Caulker.. I would stay in Ambergis verses sailing there because of areas to sail in. Winds can be strong during hurricane season and December winds too.. Good luck!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline