TravelTalkOnline

Annapolis Fall boat shows 2020 FYI

Posted By: cwoody

Annapolis Fall boat shows 2020 FYI - 06/24/2020 01:38 PM

Latest info

Updated May 19, 2020

The following regulations have been put in place for the 2020 United States Powerboat Show (Oct 1-4) and United States Sailboat Show (Oct 8-12). As state and federal guidelines are defined, we will continue to update this list.

Due to Maryland Health Department guidelines, no dogs or strollers will be allowed this year.
Show grounds will close each day at 6:30pm. Exhibitors and attendees will have 30 minutes to make their way to the exits. After this, cleaning and disinfection of the show premises will begin.
No after-hours events will be allowed on the show grounds this year.
Easy-to-navigate tent layouts will be established with clearly marked, one-way aisles within the exhibitor tents.
All meetings, classes, and workshops within the show will be limited in seating capacity with proper spacing.
Two gates will be used this year and all gate staff will follow stated safety regulations.
Posted By: I_AM_CDN

Re: Annapolis Fall boat shows 2020 FYI - 06/25/2020 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by cwoody
Latest info

Updated May 19, 2020

..... As state and federal guidelines are defined, we will continue to update this list...

As CDC guidelines on social distancing and use of face masks already exist it is a no brainer to include mandatory face masks in the list today.

I last attended the Annapolis boat show in the late 90's, stupidly on the day that 70K fans were in town to watch Army play Navy which forced us to park in a satellite lot miles from the show. Once we got into the show I remember the docks being jammed full. Social distancing?? LOL

"proper spacing" in a workshop is one thing....it will be interesting to see how they handle it within that 2 meter circle at the stern of the display boats where you slip out of / into your shoes and pass each other as you board / leave.

I can wait for the 2021 show; by then many positive changes will hopefully have happened.
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Annapolis Fall boat shows 2020 FYI - 09/01/2020 06:19 PM

All fall shows were cancelled...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline