TravelTalkOnline

Playa Fine Wine?

Posted By: CptCook

Playa Fine Wine? - 04/19/2016 09:49 PM

Can anyone recommend a retail location for wine shopping in Playa del Carmen?
TYI!
Posted By: bugambilias

Re: Playa Fine Wine? - 04/19/2016 10:55 PM

Besides every supermarket?
You will find a nice selection of foreign and domestic (Mexican) brands at:
Off The Vine, Cava del Duero and the La Europa liquor store in Quinta Alegria Mall at fifth and Constituentes.
Posted By: CptCook

Re: Playa Fine Wine? - 04/20/2016 02:47 AM

bugambilias said:
Besides every supermarket?
You will find a nice selection of foreign and domestic (Mexican) brands at:
Off The Vine, Cava del Duero and the La Europa liquor store in Quinta Alegria Mall at fifth and Constituentes.

Thank you bugambilias. I guess I worded that "inartfully". My local grocery stores carry wine, but when I am shopping for interesting, different, special wines, I look for a specialty shop. So that was what I was actually looking for. Additionally, I was hoping to learn of travelers' experiences with particular shops or specific merchants. I will look for the three you recommended.
Posted By: bugambilias

Re: Playa Fine Wine? - 04/21/2016 12:55 AM

Yeah, Grocery stores too! You will find all kinds of wine from all over the world at wildly varying prices. You might not see the same brand twice either!
Posted By: Playalover

Re: Playa Fine Wine? - 07/14/2016 12:13 AM

I do not know about playa, buy if you happen to get to Cancun first, you should visit " La European " wide selections of Mexican and European wines.
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Playa Fine Wine? - 10/13/2016 11:41 PM

Wal Mart and Mega both offer decent wine selections. La Europa has some harder to find options. We love the arenal ba II ensamble by vivino.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline