TravelTalkOnline

Apple vacations employee Karen problem

Posted By: Boatwidow

Apple vacations employee Karen problem - 09/26/2016 11:10 PM

Hi everyone, has anyone flown to mexico and had to deal with a lady by the name of Karen from Apple vacations?
My son and his wife flew to cancun today for their honeymoon. They flew frontier airlines. When they got to the airport they paid for their luggage at the desk with frontier. They made it back to their gate and Karen with apple vacations said "if anyone Is going to cancun you need to pay for your bags". My son inquired with Karen saying they had already paid for their bags through frontier! She proceeded to tell him you need to pay me not the airline! He explained that they didn't book through apple! She proceeded to humiliate them without explanation telling them you need to pay me too and if you don't your bags will not be coming home from cancun! They soon had a couple come up to them and said "we saw what happened and had the same issue with Karen last year and also treated use UNKINDLY! They did pay her too for their luggage paying twice!
Got on the plane and a flight attendant said I saw what happened out there! My son said "yes Karen wasn't very nice"! she said " Karen is very nice and if you are going to have an attitude on this flight, we don't want you flying to cancun with us!!! Again, more humiliating in front of the entire plane!
My son went to the restroom in the back of the plane and there was a male and female attendant and offered to buy them a drink for their hassles! They apologized and said " please relax and enjoy your trip, it's your honeymoon!
After some investigating Apple somehow puts these charters together!
After all the lecturing people have given to them about leaving the resort etc., it seemed strange that Karen was trying to make them pay her too for their luggage!
The kids said this was the worse start to a honeymoon:(
Posted By: jphart

Re: Apple vacations employee Karen problem - 09/28/2016 02:11 AM

This makes zero sense.
If they didn't book through Apple why would they pay at the gate?
Posted By: CptCook

Re: Apple vacations employee Karen problem - 10/25/2016 05:37 PM

Boatwidow, Where was this at? Perchance they paid Frontier to fly their bags to Cancun. Then Apple was going to handle the bag transfer between the Cancun airport and their hotel? In which case it would have been appropriate to pay Karen. Your write up is hard tio follow and doesn't really make sense to me.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline