TravelTalkOnline

US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home

Posted By: Carol_Hill

US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 03/29/2021 01:18 PM

Link

Boy, that would be the worst nightmare, especially since Mexico does NOT require any test to arrive there. Personally I think they are fibbing about their test results, that they are that low..
Posted By: crmoores

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 03/29/2021 07:47 PM

Yes there is no doubt the number of cases and deaths is underreported here, probably much more so than in the group of 7 nations just because many in the outlying areas do not get to hospitals...

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 03/29/2021 07:58 PM

I was actually talking about the number of positive tourists, that I think the actual numbers are a lot higher than they are saying, but I'm sure you are correct regarding the outlying areas.

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 03/30/2021 03:18 AM

Sorry Carol I’m not following...

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 03/30/2021 01:01 PM

Sorry, I was talking about this statement from the story "The Grand at Moon Palace, a luxury all-inclusive resort in Cancun, has had no more than 10 cases, according to Cesar Fallardi, director of operations. Together with sister Palace Resorts, the rate is 0.4% he said."

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 03/30/2021 02:18 PM

Ah yes, I missed the thread title, sorry...
The only statistic I feel worth following here is the hospital occupancies...but that misses so much more of the story here...
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 04/09/2021 01:16 PM

Hard to believe that someone would jump on a flight home when the person they were with tested positive. The second couple mentioned in the article even admitted he tested positive on arrival in the US. Working in the airline industry I constantly dealt with people far to sick to be traveling but simply don’t care what impact they might have on others from causing flight diverts to passing illnesses to others. They have decided that getting home is worth sickening others or ruining travel plans.

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 04/09/2021 01:19 PM

George--people are incredibly selfish who do such things, but unfortunately not that uncommon.

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 04/09/2021 08:10 PM

Arrogance and selfishness - what a combination!
Posted By: tangerine3

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 06/15/2021 05:36 PM

What I would like to know is if the people in the article were vaccinated. It does not state that. . . . Our plans to go to Akumal had to be cancelled this year as well because we did not want to risk testing positive after the new rule for entering the US was applied. I have had 1st shot husband will get vaccinated looking for least complicated way to go somewhere, looks like STT or Akumal, wish I knew if these people were vaccinated . . . .

Re: US citizens test positive for Covid, trying to return home - 06/16/2021 12:26 PM

I’m assuming not, but it really doesn’t matter since a person who is fully vaccinated can get COVID-19. Not a major issue if you are retired but if you are expecting to return to work it certainly is…
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline