TravelTalkOnline

Looking for recommendations!

Posted By: dawnbeachette

Looking for recommendations! - 04/01/2022 10:41 PM

We're going to Playa del Carmen for the first time. Any snorkel trips or sunset sails that stand out above the rest? Thanks!
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Looking for recommendations! - 04/02/2022 03:29 AM

We’re going out on the Catamaya tomorrow, we’ve taken visiting friends and family out several times on that sail and everyone wants to do it again when they return. Just a 4-hour sail with a snorkel stop in open water, a fabulous lunch, and a great crew.
Local Quickies offers great excursions that add other options like a cenote, Mayan village, a beach stop at the Tulum ruins, etc.Catamaya sails out of Puerto Aventuras marina…

The only sunset sails I’m aware of are with Maroma Adventures out
of Playa Maroma to the north of PDC…

Re: Looking for recommendations! - 04/02/2022 12:48 PM

Meant to add that the Palancar reef off Cozumel is a popular destination for snorkeling and diving…
Posted By: dawnbeachette

Re: Looking for recommendations! - 04/02/2022 01:40 PM

Thanks...will certainly check this out!!

Re: Looking for recommendations! - 04/03/2022 12:33 AM

Well the Puerto Aventuras marina port exit was closed again today due to extreme sea conditions. 😩
We will try again on Tuesday!
Posted By: Adventure123

Re: Looking for recommendations! - 06/23/2022 11:00 AM

Hi,

I did this Half-Day Luxury Sailing Experience in Tulum with Open Bar- Cruise the waters surrounding Tulum during this half-day sailing and snorkeling tour in a comfortable catamaran. You can do snorkeling and spot colorful fish, sting rays, and even sea turtles. Paddleboards are also included, as well as an onboard open bar and a tasty lunch. This one was by I guess Paradise Adventours, they made sure my family was extremely comfortable.

Another one which my daughter was very keen on doing was Tulum Ruins Cenote and Swimming with Turtles from Playa del Carmen - You'll start at Tulum, where you'll explore the town's famous beachfront archaeological site with a professional guide. You'll then make your way to the jungle to swim in a cenote before wrapping your trip up at Akumal Bay, where you'll snorkel with sea turtles.It's a 11-12 hour trip.This one was by NS Tours Mexico

Enjoy and stay safe.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline