TravelTalkOnline

Is it safe to travel to Madagascar?

Posted By: HardLine13

Is it safe to travel to Madagascar? - 05/03/2018 11:45 AM

I’m slowly fulfilling my travel plan for this year. Next month, I’m going to Africa. While searching for some beautiful and exotic destinations in the continent, Madagascar stood out for me. The pictures were great, especially the majestic Baobab trees! I’m also excited to see and play with some of the lemurs the country is so proud of. But my question would be: Is it safe to travel in that country? My past escapade in Asia was satisfying, enjoyed the marriage tours I attended to. I am not comparing these two continents but if there’s someone here who can guarantee the safety of solo travellers to Madagascar, I would really appreciate such.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Is it safe to travel to Madagascar? - 05/10/2018 06:05 PM

Recommend you check the US Department of State web-site.
They have travel risk ratings for most places.
Posted By: Jegez

Re: Is it safe to travel to Madagascar? - 11/23/2018 12:44 PM

Hey @Hardline13, I was on vacation at Madagascar 2 years ago and can tell you that my experience was awesome. The array of Baobab tree between the roads of Morondava and Belon’i Tsiribihina is so pleasant. If you are a lover of animals, you would definitely get more than you'll bargain for. There are tons of National Parks there and the people are welcoming.

I wish you a happy experience if you finally make your decision.
Posted By: Miralez

Re: Is it safe to travel to Madagascar? - 12/12/2018 10:36 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I've never heard anything in the news that would make me think of Madagascar as an unsafe place. Everything bad seems to happen on the continent. Am I wrong about that?
Posted By: BenReady

Re: Is it safe to travel to Madagascar? - 12/12/2018 11:02 AM

"Hey Hardline13, I was on vacation at Madagascar 2 years ago and can tell you that my experience was awesome. The array of Baobab tree between the roads of Morondava and Belon’i Tsiribihina is so pleasant. If you are a lover of animals, you would definitely get more than you'll bargain for. There are tons of National Parks there and the people are welcoming.

I wish you a happy experience if you finally make your decision."

Oh, well time to add that to my bucket list as well.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline