TravelTalkOnline

Current Cape Town

Posted By: Volle Maan

Current Cape Town - 03/12/2022 03:32 PM

We are planning to travel to SA and visit Cape Town Sept 2022. What is the current situation as far as restaurants, bars, and sights? Are things opened since Covid? What kind of restrictions are in place? Appreciate any information
Posted By: Adventure123

Re: Current Cape Town - 06/23/2022 10:07 AM

Hi Volle,

Its great news for you that City of Cape Town is to drop the remaining COVID-19 restrictions.This means no more masks, no more capacity restrictions at any venues, theatres, stadiums and restaurants & bars are also operational.Below is the article for your reference.
https://ewn.co.za/2022/06/23/city-o...covid-restrictions-at-all-its-facilities

Further, all the information regarding the COVID-19 restrictions in South Africa can be accessed on the below Government website.

https://www.gov.za/covid-19/individuals-and-households/travel-coronavirus-covid-19

Re: Current Cape Town - 06/23/2022 02:55 PM

Thanks for the updated info.
Posted By: Sam Paul

Re: Current Cape Town - 06/28/2022 02:10 PM

Hi, I am Sam Paul. We are planning a trip from Canada to visit Cape Town. Your information will be very useful. Thank you.
Posted By: NeasMacha

Re: Current Cape Town - 11/14/2022 03:43 PM

Thank you for sharing the checked information! I also thought of going to Capetown soon, but I didn’t know if it was a good idea. I know that many European places have been canceling their restrictions lately or making them softer.

Re: Current Cape Town - 11/16/2022 12:35 PM

We made it to Cape Town in Sept of this year. Great time there. Great food. Great excursions.

We stayed at 12 Apostles which is south of the waterfront. Highly recommend. 5 Star plus.

Highly recommend Belly of the Beast for dinner and also a trip to Beau Constantia winery. Great wine and food.

Toured waterfront, Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope and Robarts Island.

If you make it out to Stellenbosch, definitely eat at Fat Butcher. Exceptional food and service. You will need reservations
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Current Cape Town - 12/02/2022 02:21 AM

Driving the Garden Route is great, if you like Cheetahs, stop at Canga Wildlife Preserve, in Oudshorne, we sponsor O'Malley the Cheetah there and can arrange play dates.
The whales in Hermanus are fun to watch
The penguins At Simons town are fun, that area looks just like the Baths in BVI
Out that way Stanford River Lodge is a great place to stay - friends of ours.
in CapeTown, watch the weather for going to Table Mountain, the Table cloth (clouds) can quickly cover it.
If you want to do a game drive we recommend Ingwe Game Lodge in Houdspruit (easy to fly up there) Kruger is just too large.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline