TravelTalkOnline

Slow Cooker Ribs

Posted By: Kimmers

Slow Cooker Ribs - 01/29/2016 10:34 PM

Get Your Slow Cooker Out, Because These Ribs Are Going To Make You Happy!!!

Here’s what you will need:

2 cups of bbq sauce
1/4 cup of brown sugar
4 Tbsp. of cider vinegar
3 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. of cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. of chili powder
3 lbs of baby back pork ribs
Salt & pepper

Directions:

Combine bbq sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and chili powder in a small bowl.

Salt and pepper the ribs. Place ribs in slow cooker, and cover in sauce. Cook low and slow for eight hours or high for four hours.

After the ribs are done, spoon the bbq sauce in the slow cooker over the ribs before removing. Cut the ribs, serve with bbq sauce.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 01/29/2016 11:16 PM

Hey sounds great! I have some regular (not baby back) ribs in the freezer. I was thinking about thawing them to cook this weekend. Would you do anything different, if you used the recipe for regular ribs?
Posted By: Kimmers

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 01/30/2016 04:02 AM

Haven't tried this myself but I also have some boneless rib meat and will follow the recipe with the exception of how long I cook it. Bones get pretty hot so I plan to cut the cooking time down to rought 3/4 the time. Hope this helps.

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 01/30/2016 02:52 PM

ok
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 02/09/2016 03:07 PM

Just did ribs like this for the superbowl party.
After taking them out of the crockpot, the recipe called for putting sauce on them and broiling for 3-5 minutes on each side. This makes them look like they were grilled and gives them a caramelized grilled taste.

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 02/09/2016 03:08 PM

Sounds good! Better than the commercials this year! How lame!
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 02/09/2016 06:41 PM

I agree Carol.
I was particularly disappointed in the Budweiser commercial.
Usually they are so heart-felt.

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 02/09/2016 06:44 PM

I had seen the Budweiser commercial before the Super Bowl aired, so I knew it was going to be a real bust..
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 07/03/2018 05:09 PM

Carol.....I came looking for your recipe for baked ribs....didn't you do them that way recently when it was raining out? Please post!

Re: Slow Cooker Ribs - 07/03/2018 05:26 PM

No, we put them in the crock pot, and then put them under the broiler for a few minutes at the end to brown them up. I don't even remember now what recipe we used. Sorry.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline